Gaming Can a free shop title be downloaded to a PC?

Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just wondering if the freeshop / tinfoil shop games can be downloaded to a PC? Is this allowed?

I know they can be dumped as nsp once installed. What I'm trying to do is keep a few locally in case the links die.

Simply pasting the url doesn't work. Although you can confirm if the link is dead this way. Most are https protocol I'm just wondering if there's a webserver for Windows that can see them? Or are the in a folder? (If so it's not new games).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering if the freeshop / tinfoil shop games can be downloaded to a PC? Is this allowed?

I know they can be dumped as nsp once installed. What I'm trying to do is keep a few locally in case the links die.

Simply pasting the url doesn't work. Although you can confirm if the link is dead this way. Most are https protocol I'm just wondering if there's a webserver for Windows that can see them? Or are the in a folder? (If so it's not new games).
For some Tinfoil shop repositories, you can donate some money in order to get access to the cache of NSP files on your computer to download. Aside from that, no, you cannot directly download NSP files from Tinfoil shops. You would have to download/install the game and then dump the NSP file.

Alternatively, there are sites out there unrelated to Tinfoil shops where you can download NSP files directly.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wonder whether Tinfoil can be used with yuzu or Ryujinx to "install" those NSPs and dump them afterwards. Just curious.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using a PC you don't need a "freeshop" to get games. The internet is your shop you just have to know how to look

Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are using a PC you don't need a "freeshop" to get games. The internet is your shop you just have to know how to look
Yeah a lot of the Internet sites are slow and don't have up to date DLC or updates. It's OK I've got it now. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips