Hacking Dumped NSPs

fnakhi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I have two jailbroken Switches. Both with exactly the same CFWs and relevant sigpatches. On my original Switch, I have a pro shop access linked through Tinfoil. Recently, I have been having trouble finding games online so what I tried doing was downloading the game via the Pro Shop to my first Switch. Then dumping the said game as an NSP and then transferring that NSP into the Second Switch's memory card.

Now the game transfers just find on the Second Switch and through the Tinfoil, it even installs just fine. But when I try to play it, it gives me the loop, checking to see if the game can play and the loop continues. Am I doing something wrong? Do the Dumps from Pro Shops not work on other Switches? Please advice.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've come across this in the past with having multiple hacked switch's. Especially if they're not banned and you're using them in emummc and ofw modes.

The cause is from creating the emunand on your secondary switch. Anything that was registered as a secondary switch and not your primary switch will attempt to check online for verification. Just like it does in ofw. Since your emunand is just a copy of your ofw, all of the things carry over, like being identified as a secondary switch. So even though you have blocked Nintendo server access, it will still try to verify the game because its a secondary switch.

What you'll need to do is go into settings and use the format/reset option on the emunand from within Horizon OS, so you're starting fresh. Recreate your user profiles, and the switch will act like a primary switch, since it was never registered online. It will no longer check if it can play the game, since the system will assume its a primary switch.

Reactions: fnakhi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol