Calling All Homebrew Devs!!

What game would you like to see if a team forms?

• Baldi's Basics 3ds

• Book (An open source book for Nintendo 3ds)

• 3dsMeida (social media for 3ds)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidFenrir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
  1. Join the 3ds homebrew discordapp. Make yourself known. Also learn with 3dbrew.org and study other's source code.
  2. Start a Github page and post source code that is compile-able with Make in devkitpro.
  3. Establish your reputation a little longer until people can vouch for you.
  4. Program and produce one piece of noteworthy homebrew before calling on the other devs. Come back when you're ready.
You have a lot of work cut out for you, but if you stick these advice, you may find yourself with a team if they see worth in your project ideas.

Good luck!

Note: devkitpro is name of the organisation making the tools. the toolchain is called devkitARM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: devkitpro is name of the organisation making the tools. the toolchain is called devkitARM

Is that so?

Did you know it's technically wrong to call a female chicken a 'chicken'? The proper term is hen.

It's like calling a man a man and a woman a human. While technically correctly, it would be super akward. Saying "hey human!" instead of "hey gurl1!" unless you're NOT A ROBOT BUT REAL HUMAN LIKE YOU AND ME.
Thanks for the correction.

Edit - The reason I brought up that point is because a lot of people tend to refer to male chickens as "roosters" yet most of the time call the female ones as simply "chickens".

So while no one will be mistaken by you when talking about compiling with "devkitpro", now I know better to refer to that exact branch.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: NFates

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nobody is going to join you for no reason. You are even imposing your own rules and that doesn't help at all. Also if you want people to take you seriously you'll have to show more proof than a simple app that displays touch coordinates.

If you really want to learn then take a look at existing projects, try to modify the code improving the app, ask the developers for info (not to make the code for you), post your creations here or in Reddit, etc

Then is when people will start taking you seriously, and may help you more often, but never will do all the work for you so you get all the credit.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That code is from a youtube tutorial.
The source code is on pastebin and is exactly the same. (Can't link it because "new member")

I don't usually call people but please ...

https://pastebinDOTcom/MQrnbFEx

Edit: Well if you don't mind I bypass the rule.
Even that is almost identical to the touch-screen example included with devkitpro.
Just seems like credits, and a couple things were changed in it. Besides that it looks the same.

Devkitpro example below:

Attachments

• touch-screen.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 132

Djidane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Even that is almost identical to the touch-screen example included with devkitpro.
Just seems like credits, and a couple things were changed in it. Besides that it looks the same.

Devkitpro example below:

The video explained how the kit works and stuff, that make sense I guess. But still, it's just a copy paste of that video (with the change from the original exemple blabla.

Jayenkai

Makes Games
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very important rule of homebrew. Always give the source code unless there is a good reason for not doing it.
In your case nobody is gonna run that 3dsx consireding it could be malicious and you just joined the community.

.. Is that why nobody's playing the 14 epic games I've so far written for 3DS since April!?
Dang..

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Stealing code and presenting it as your own is a good way to get homebrew devs to not want to work with you.
I kinda expected it to be stolen code from the moment I saw someone say the code was well indented.

LiquidFenrir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well it could have been a good unknown dev that just wanted help for a big project
have some hope you people :(

LiquidFenrir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I meant when I said the (now known as stolen) code was okay. I had hope.
And it's not exactly the example, slightly modified

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Well it could have been a good unknown dev that just wanted help for a big project
have some hope you people :(
I mean.... Given the thread, the poll and the form... I never expected it to be a good dev.

Reactions: Seriel and jimmyj

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay,let's assume it wasn't stolen code,the devkitpro examples offer to ANYONE the examples,meaning that even it this weren't stolen code,what you would have created would also not be anything of use or "revolutionary" since the example is out there for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi