Status
Not open for further replies.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but excuse me? So basically, even though this is a video game, lets say that the cross was in the washroom (I respect all religions, whether nice, or disgraceful to my religion, and I know this is JUST A GAME), in a stinky, and dirty washroom with shit all over the place, how would you feel? That's disrespectful, you're supposed to have respect of any sign of religion and faith.
I'd be like "I guess someone doesn't appreciate my beliefs, Oh well" and move on with my day. People are way to easily offended when religion comes into play, people can (and do) dislike my beliefs and I'm fine with that, no skin off my back.

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If their teachings deem this offensive, they should loosen up the teachings. Just absurd IMHO, to take something or yourself so serious, lol.

Are you suggesting that people don't take their faith seriously? You cannot tell people to do that.
What's more is that I'm sure many religions have any kinds of rules forming from some basis. From what I can see a lot of such rules in the Muslim faith stem from respect.

Basically a bathroom can be a filthy place, so they do not want their teachings in such a place. What's so crazy about that?

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all in all i agree.... if the map had something to this effect in it. it should be removed.... thou aside from people being pissed off that it was in the "potty".... i really dont see a reason for it to be removed

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now Activision has to shell out $40,000 to Microsoft to remove it.

Oh no Activision is going to go bankrupt now, right? Dude for a franchise as big as CoD, $40k is pocket change to those guys.

Off topic - I think I've changed. A year or two ago, my first reply would have been something along the lines of "why the fuck can't anyone take a joke and just play the damn game". Despite being very un-religious, I side with religion's sake on this one. Peculiar.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
all in all i agree.... if the map had something to this effect in it. it should be removed.... thou aside from people being pissed off that it was in the "potty".... i really dont see a reason for it to be removed
It's arguable that the removal wasn't necessary, and that they simply could have provided a mandatory update that would've silently removed the offending material.
Although it probably looks better to take immediate action rather than eventual action.

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, i'm going a little bit off topic here, but you all know about the movie against us Muslims? I was mad, but I didn't act like a dog and started screaming and ruined my own town. If I did, then it means I don't even like my religion (but I do). Relating it to this topic, the Muslim's that noticed, actually do have respect for our religion, and all the Muslims I know, actually respect Islam by not having a sign of Religion in our home's bathroom, in front of you as you are sitting on the toilet with no covering doing solid or liquid waste. And they noticed how The Favelian washroom was whether what environment it was, and found it offensive. Therefore, I think nobody should make a big deal on Infinity Wards decision, and the request of the Muslims who discovered this, even though this game existed for 2-3 years.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If their teachings deem this offensive, they should loosen up the teachings. Just absurd IMHO, to take something or yourself so serious, lol.

Are you suggesting that people don't take their faith seriously? You cannot tell people to do that.
What's more is that I'm sure many religions have any kinds of rules forming from some basis. From what I can see a lot of such rules in the Muslim faith stem from respect.

Basically a bathroom can be a filthy place, so they do not want their teachings in such a place. What's so crazy about that?
It's just my opinion and I'm sure the opinion of many many others that people shouldn't take ANY religion so seriously. Muslims have by far the most negative image, recently sparked again by that movie where their God was portrayed and insulted, resulting in immediate hostilities and attacking/raiding of embassies. Just plain crazy IMHO, to do such things to other people for a stupid movie, that almost had no connection to the country you were blaming.
That's a nice form of respect for other people

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's just my opinion and I'm sure the opinion of many many others that people shouldn't take ANY religion so seriously. Muslims have by far the most negative image, recently sparked again by that movie where their God was portrayed and insulted, resulting in immediate hostilities and attacking/raiding of embassies. Just plain crazy IMHO, to do such things to other people for a stupid movie, that almost had no connection to the country you were blaming.

Unfortunately there are radicals out there who will take things too far, but they are not limited to just Muslims.
If you start to criticise an entire group of people based on the actions of a few individuals that attack an entire country, you're just as bad as those few people.

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted_171835

Pro-tip: Don't generalize a large group of people based on the actions of a few.

http://www.firstpost...nce-455827.html
http://www.guardian....ilitia-benghazi

I'm willing to bet you haven't seen those.

Reactions: 2 people

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Unfortunately there are radicals out there who will take things too far, but they are not limited to just Muslims.
If you start to criticise an entire group of people based on the actions of a few individuals that attack an entire country, you're just as bad as those few people.
Of course I don't generalize, but it's a known fact and one that we keep being reminded of that Muslims and such actions appear way more in the news than any other religion or radicals. All because of their God, I can't get over that fact. Why let so much blood flow because they insulted 1 thing that doesn't even exist, or will ever be proven to exist?

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe people are more upset with Activision bending over backwards over something so small than anything else. Personally, I'd have trouble sleeping at night if I knew that I had offended a Muslim. ( I know not all Muslims are extremely radical, but ya never know) So I personally don't blame them for removing it.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Imagine the texture is a picture of your mom naked, on a box of kleenex in the bedroom.
Imagine how adamant you'd be to have it removed, regardless of how or why it got there.
Now imagine millions of people have the same mom, spread eagle on a box of kleenex.

I have no respect for religion, none of 'em, but I can understand how people feel about it regardless of that, and I do have respect for people.
There are times when the religious will just have to deal with it. This time however, Activision saw their error and fixed it, out of respect for people's feelings.
Good people who don't bomb things are just as upset as bad people who do bomb things, and there's a lot more of them, and their feelings were taken into account.

End of.

Reactions: 12 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now