Gaming call of duty 5 for wii?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is the best visual showpiece for a more 'realistic' world as far as the FPS's on the system goes until The Conduit comes along. As others said it's probably the 2nd best of the lot on the system after MOHH2 just because that one has a much more playable/stable online component going for it. Storywise though CODwaw tops MOH and what they have pulled off with a more stripper version of the COD4 engine is amazing seeing it go on the Wii. I wouldn't ignore the game as it's a must have for a FPS fan if wii si your system of choice.

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was great, And i don't have any lag issues with the game. If your playing with the backup loader ull lag due to slow read speeds.

I prefer the Wii controls over a normal controller, just seems more accurate and more like playing on the PC...but of course i bought the PC version lol.

if it had the Zombie Nazi mode and it wasn't on the PC id have got the Wii version
yay.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No lag for me during single player but online is laggy.

I have both the Wii & PC versions and though the Wii versions seems to have various bits missing its controls more than make up for it. The first time I've preferred console controls over a keyboard and mouse for a FPS.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a thief so when I had it, it ran as it should and it was fantastic. Ultimately while it controls a hell of a lot better as it's like a mouse/keys setup the game just wasn't designed for wii and as such certain stages in certain areas are just a whore because you can't make out where to go or what's blowing your damn head off.

I tried forever on the bunker late in the game up the hill to get around and into it from either side, kept getting mystery blasted by pop in japs or bullets from nowhere. I got fedup and quit going farther. I got the PS3 in the very beginning of February this year and picked it up shortly after and it didn't take long to get back to that point and I bitchslapped that level to death w/out dying with honors. I couldn't see guys on the ridge with sandbags taking shots, nor could I see you should go left instead of right, and that there are idiots who pop out from the grass between the rock ledges and junk to the left as you go that way. That's why I kept getting splattered. They should have adapted the visuals better for stuff like that. I had others before but let the Ai end up being fodder or just copycatted them and BANZAI'd my way into a mess to barely scrape out of it which sucked.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If you only have a Wii then it's a great game. Online play is fun, runs smoothly. I didn't enjoy campaign very much though.
Yeah online play it's awesome, and the controls work REALLY well. I prefered this over MOH:H2, but seems it's just me.

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
The game is awesome! The controls are awesome! imo it's better than MP3 and MoHH2 since you can tweak ALOT in the settings!
biggrin.gif

I've tweaked it down to exactly how I want it.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished the game on Veteran on the 360, and then played the wii version later. It is a piss poor excuse for a FPS game on the wii. I hate the controls, and there are way too many options to change them, who has the time to sit there and tweak everything one by one till you like it. The online is laggy as heck for me and im using a very fast internet connection.

If you do not have a real system (PS3/360) then its ok i guess, might be worth going online a few times just to shoot some people, but i would recommend the game highly on either of the HD systems before the wii one. Its a really good game too.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^You're an ass. The Wii is a 'real system' dont' be such an elitist punk especially in a Wii board. To each their own on their connection. I did a little online with it on the wii and it ran just fine over wifi, smoothly really just like MOHH2 did. And if you can't get the controls right and you're too lazy to do that, it's not the games fault, that would be yours. I had it on Wii, have it on PS3 now, but I still think the Wii version controlled a hell of a lot better as dual analogs are a sorry throwback compared to mouse/keys and/or the wii pointer setup.

You're right it's a good game on all three, but due to the visual depth required, it's only great on the HD systems as you really need the clarity and draw distance in the bush or you get raped at times in some stages.

theskid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Empyr69er said:
such a dope game. I mostly only play online though..i have no troubles playing it through the usb loader.

i am haveing problems playing online via usbloader v1.5 and cios36 rev 10 ( not tried other cios) it lags during gameplay ( loading lags) as i dont get it via a backup disk using gamma loader why is this?

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
quepaso said:
I finished the game on Veteran on the 360, and then played the wii version later. It is a piss poor excuse for a FPS game on the wii. I hate the controls, and there are way too many options to change them, who has the time to sit there and tweak everything one by one till you like it. The online is laggy as heck for me and im using a very fast internet connection.

If you do not have a real system (PS3/360) then its ok i guess, might be worth going online a few times just to shoot some people, but i would recommend the game highly on either of the HD systems before the wii one. Its a really good game too.
I would say the exaclt opposite. It's total ass on PS360. Have a 360 my self so. Wii version is so much more fun. Every time I play Re5 I want Re4 on Wii. Still I love Re5. But it's just so awesome on the Wii, only because of the controls.
And ofc you have time to change controls! Thats the way it's always been on PC also. To change you sens and button mapping. Thats would be a law to have implemented in all games. To tweak controls and is one huge part of gaming, always has, always will be so. if you don't want to tweak or change controls, skip it, play with defaults.

Online is laggy if the host has ha crap connection. if you play with ppl with proper connections there is no lag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*