Homebrew C64-network.org (ex-Frodo) v1-RC released

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
a very original emulator port (why the name change though since it's still Frodo original code ?) and the only one with netplay support.
thanks for your work !

SimonKagstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
why the name change though since it's still Frodo original code ?

It's no longer only for Wii ("frodo-wii"), and I want to emphasize the networking features. It's still very much based on the Frodo source code, and I believe I make this clear in many places.

// Simon

dan_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else having problems with this ?

It just reboots to the homebrew channel whenever i launch it.

SimonKagstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@dan_s: Strange. You did unpack the entire tarball on the root of the SD card, right? If it can't find the theme files (/frodo/themes/...), it will behave like that.

Anyway, it's a pre-release, so some warts are expected :-)

SimonKagstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@corey89: Sounds nice :-)

I forgot to say: I'll include the submitted themes in the next version (real v1, or if I'll just call it v2), and the best one will be the default one (I have no illusions that my own would qualify as that).

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
SimonKagstrom said:
I've added a rc2 release as well which fixes a few issues with the first version (the most important being broken t64 loading on the Wii). Get it here:

http://www.c64-network.org/index.html

and read the changelog here:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/C64-network.org#Changelog

I'll try this in a bit... thanks in advance.
smile.gif

I've also updated my theme on wiibrew (I'm Baboon on a lot of other sites) which makes everything look more tidy.

Ta

B

Bladeforce

Just a quick question about this fantastic emulator!! My forwarder I was using for it now freezes when slecting this new version. It loads then freezes on the main menu screen. What has changed it never did this before :/ If somebody has a forwarder that does work i'd be very much grateful
smile.gif

SimonKagstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I don't know anything about that. I just run it from the homebrew channel. I guess you did install everything (i.e., not just the frodo.dol)? In particular, it will crash and burn if it can't find the theme files.

B

Bladeforce

Ah yes i remember another emulator (Name goes off my head now) having problems with external files apart from the dol.

B

Bladeforce

Hi Simon may I add as of the newest version the sound isnt as smooth as it was. ie skips and jumps quite a lot now

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
bubbleboy said:
Do you plan on supporting USB devices? In any case, great work!!
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif

keyboards already work.
smile.gif
I'm not sure if its worth adding usb hd's though as the games are soooooo small anyway?

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrTea said:
bubbleboy said:
Do you plan on supporting USB devices? In any case, great work!!
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif

keyboards already work.
smile.gif
I'm not sure if its worth adding usb hd's though as the games are soooooo small anyway?

Not if you have almost every single C64 game and demo ever released!!

Err.. all backed up from the original 5 1/4 floppies I store in my attic of course.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: