Country
United States
I just want to hear what you guys think about it
smile.gif

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
C.O.R.E I don't think it ever come out it as been put from march then may to july and so on.

They put a released date 4 of august now the 11 of august.

Maybe next year lol

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It will be the next Duke Nukem Forever and will never be released. Then 20 years down the line, there will be someone who wants their money back after preordering it 20 years earlier.

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, they're not. They're just delaying it just like the did Black Sigil. Marketing reasons. However, they're building up major hype in the supportcommunity, and that means it can only be a letdown in the end.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure it will come out. And everyone will probably hate it too like many did Black Sigil (Nintendo Power gave CORE a 5/10 along with Black Sigil, not that their opinion matters). It's just going to be delayed a million more times like Black Sigil was (and they share the same publisher, who you can blame for said delays). The game has been finished for quite a long time now. They are NOT going to improve it at all either. They are doing the same thing they did with Black Sigil: delaying it over and over to build up hype it doesn't deserve. In hype at least, this technique worked for Black Sigil (dunno about sales though).

This game has been called a Quake clone. If that's the case, you are probably better off getting a DS port of Quake for homebrew and playing that instead.

(by the way, these threads are helping to build up hype for a game that doesn't deserve it)

Waverley73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just for a laugh I decided to email NoWay Studios about the game and the constant delays (this was about 2 weeks ago) and to my complete surprise they actually replied. Here's the email (with my original email below that):

Sent: Friday, 10 July 2009 3:55 PM
To: XXXXXXXX
Subject: [SUSPECTED SPAM] RE: Clarification Needed

HI XXXXXX,

Game will be release. The delays are caused by the DS market situation and low fluidity of US and EU publishers.

Game release delays has nth to do with our role as developer since we have completed it last November.

Best regards

Krzysztof Murzyn
Marketing Manager
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NoWay Studio & QubicGames
ul. Marsza?kowska 27-35/20
00-639 Warszawa

Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 6:17 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Clarification Needed

I have been told by numerous sources that C.O.R.E. will never be released and that your company are scamming people and retailers by letting them believe it will.

I'm not sure whether or not I should believe them but the release date just keeps moving (too many times to count).

Is this game going to get released or are you scamming everyone here?

Regards,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that email reply is to be believed then the game has been finished for 9 months but the publishing companies (Graffiti Entertainment and Wired Productions) are just struggling to get the funding to get it released. Hopefully they stop this nonsense of setting bogus release dates and just get the $$ to actually lock in a date and stick with it (or in the case of the EU market stop pretending it has been released).

BTW, the fact Nintendo Power has reviewed the game pretty much proves it exists doesn't it?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/core?q=c.o.r.e.

It's just that they were probably sent the game thinking the game was about to come out. But then the publishers realised they still didn't have the funds to get the game released.... again.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wolfmanz51 said:
they are probably tuning it up to quality perhaps even adding online

Unlikely, Dragon Quest 9 was supposed to come out in 2007 and back then it was known fact that the game would have online multiplayer including co-op but just before it was released they announced that it would only have local multiplayer, which is a big step backwards if you ask me because it's a pretty important feature considering the games playback value.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay