Buying EZ flash iv

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by turbeauke, Aug 23, 2014.

1. turbeauke
    OP

turbeauke Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2013
    Netherlands
    I've recently bought a used GBA from a friend and I'd like to buy a flashcart for it. After reading up on it I decided to go with the ez flash iv, because thats what everyone is suggesting but where should I buy it nowadays, lots of the sites in older threads are down or only accept payment via creditcart, I'd prefer to use paypal.

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    paypal is not possible the most of the time, if you read other threads there is a high change you found one which told that nintendo bans paypal accounts from that stores...

i did purchased mine from realhotstuff.com you can also buy from gba official sponsor nds-card.com , who had been here for 12 years (correct me if wrong)

there are lots of other stores if you want to know..

3. turbeauke
    OP

turbeauke Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2013
    Netherlands
    I'm just worried that they abuse my credit card information so it'll cost me way more then just the flash card.

4. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    i understand.. realhotstuff charged me exactly what i ordered (3-4 products+shipping) and it was fine..

nds-card.com is been trusted for 12 years and so far so good, i just didnt ordered from them because i didnt liked the credit card company they use (fashionpay, a big chinese company) fashionpay does charge a fee for the transaction and i didn't liked that extra fee...

5. www.flashlinker-

www.flashlinker- Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2006
    Gambia, The
    That's correct....our paypal account for example was banned few days ago...not for a slot-1 card...only for selling the ez-flash iv (after ~10 years).....

6. turbeauke
    OP

turbeauke Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2013
    Netherlands
    That's a shame, I actually was just looking at your website, thinking it was still working.

7. www.flashlinker-

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Added WESTERN UNION as payment option/module for US customers....(other NON EU customers may ask if their country will be supported, too)....thx !

8. 160R

160R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2006

Looks like that is common for sites selling GBA or NDS/DSi/3DS flashcards. Chollomedia (selling EZ4) also got their Paypal account banned past year, but they accept other payment methods for international customers like Bitcoin, TransferWise, Western Union, or Moneygram. Maybe you should also consider adding TransferWise or Bitcoin because they are almost 0 fees for international customers ;)

9. www.flashlinker-

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Well...we posted on our shop page and Facebook, too....that we have added Western Union already. :-) - so you're welcome (again).... :-)

10. www.flashlinker-

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2006
    Gambia, The
  11. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
  12. 160R

160R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2006
    flashlinker, didn't you try to add credit card payment?

chollomedia.es already is accepting credit card after they got their Paypal account banned. They also do worldwide shipping from Europe and includes an additional brand new Philips battery for the battery dry problem :toot:

13. www.flashlinker-

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Yes...we accept credit cards, too...online since ~one week (Mastercard, Visacard), incl. 3D Secure......

regards,

14. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    when you get the card and setup it, please test copying mother 3 rom or pokemon mistery dungeon to NOR

to check if your card is one of the problematic nor ones