OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After looking up all the Flash Cards available I'm pretty much sold with the M3 DS Real but I have a few questions.

1. Does the M3DSReal have RTS?

2. Is it worth it to get it with the GBA expansion or should I get the regular package which is 15 dollars cheaper.

3. I was planning to use a 4gb SDHC sandisk does it work okay with the m3?

4. If I do get the M3 where should I buy from, I researched about 10 sites and the best seems to be Dealwoot.com, anyone have any comments on them?

5. If I shouldn't get the M3 which card should I get? (I was also looking at CycloDS and AceKard 2)

Sorry fo so many questions, I just don't want to be disappointed with whichever I end up purchasing.

Thanks in advance to anyone with some info.

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GcGX said:
After looking up all the Flash Cards available I'm pretty much sold with the M3 DS Real but I have a few questions.

Yeah last time I checked. Edit: FOR GBA ONLY! My bad!

QUOTE said:
2. Is it worth it to get it with the GBA expansion or should I get the regular package which is 15 dollars cheaper.

Do you intend to play GBA games? I felt it was worth the extra $15 to be able to play GBA games without anything sticking out of my DS... and the GBA adapter looks perfect.

QUOTE said:

Yup, just pick your brand carefully. There's an FAQ in here, that lists speeds. You want a card that gets at least 10MB/sec. ideally, which is what the Sandisks all do. That's about as fast as you'll get in SDHC which is in general slower than regular SD. I have 2 sticks of Sandisk, both get 10MB/sec., and also a Kingston which gets closer to 20!

QUOTE4. If I do get the M3 where should I buy from, I researched about 10 sites and the best seems to be Dealwoot.com, anyone have any comments on them?

I got mine from http://www.gamersection.ca/ and it came in just a couple days once my payment cleared (if you use credit card it's quicker, I foolishly used PayPal and it came as an e-check). I paid a few bucks more, but not terrible.

5. If I shouldn't get the M3 which card should I get? (I was also looking at CycloDS and AceKard 2)

Things which sold me on the M3:

1. GBA add-on supported natively.
2. Ongoing updates (three different firmwares work on it).
3. Updates are all in software, held on the card.
4. 100% compatibility. There are only two known games with issues, "The World Ends With You" (the first cut-scene hangs unless you put it in slow-mo or do the open-close trick) and one of the Castlevanias. Both work better with better SD cards.

BUT, some people really like the CycloDS. *shrug*

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the M3DS Real DOES NOT have RTS. It is only for GBA.

Most MicroSDs are fine.

Deal Woot and RHS are both great for USA as I've heard. I heard Gamersection a few times, but not as much as RHS/Dealwoot. Though GamerSection is located in Canada(CA?) isn't it?

The CycloDS and AK2 are both great too.

tguellich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NO!

Yes, if you may ever play GBA games, buy it now, it will save you a few bucks than if you buy it separately later. If you use the Sakura firmware it also takes advantage of the ram in the expansion and makes the firmware and it's built-in programs run faster.

You can find a 4Gb A-Data CLASS 6 for less than $20 online. I use supermediastore.com or meritline.com. A class 6 card is much faster than all those Class 4 cards like Sandisk and Kingston.

4. If I do get the M3 where should I buy from, I researched about 10 sites and the best seems to be Dealwoot.com, anyone have any comments on them?

I have dealt with realhotstuff.com six times. Six times I got my order in less than 4 days, exactly as I ordered it. They may be a few dollars more, but in my opinion, they are the best. They are in New Jersey, I am East Coast too, so it will take a little longer for West Coasters.

Why wouldn't you get the M3DS Real?

GcGX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tguellich said:

I have dealt with realhotstuff.com six times. Six times I got my order in less than 4 days, exactly as I ordered it. They may be a few dollars more, but in my opinion, they are the best. They are in New Jersey, I am East Coast too, so it will take a little longer for West Coasters.

I'm located in California, if I do order from realhotstuff.com how long do you think it would be for me? and is dealwoot trustworthy?

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GcGX said:
tguellich said:

I'm located in California, if I do order from realhotstuff.com how long do you think it would be for me? and is dealwoot trustworthy?
Dealwoot is trustworthy, and if you're in California it will definitely be faster and cheaper than RHS.

GcGX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I just purchased from Dealwoot, everything so far seems fine, now to wait and see the results. Thanks to everyone who helped me out, I really appreciate it.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My M3 Real came from www.dealextreme.com - as did my class 4 4gb kingston sdhc.

I do not think that m3 has rts yet. Gba games may have it...

I did not buy the gba bundle, i had ez-flash 3in1 already. The sakura firmware is great.

If you have will, save money and take the purrfect bundle.

I am straightforward honest: i own cyclo aswell, Casstlevania por opening lagged when tested againts cyclo, and hotel dusk had minor graphic glich on convertations.

BUT, m3 is solid choise, the price againts quality bar is better for Real than evo... And after you used sakura, you will be happy for getting real.

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh I also ordered a M3 DS Real from dealwoot today at around 3 or 4 pm. And at 9:58 PM I got an email with the tracking number.

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 20, 2008 to expect your package for mailing"

I used the free shipping and I emailed them and asked how long it would take to get to me since I am in LA which is where they ship out from and they said 2-3 days. So probably good place to order if you are in California. I ordered a 2gb sandisk msd with it. I also have a 4gb sandisk coming in the mail that I got from amazon for 16 shipped. I pretty much got it for free because I used a free 20 dollar amazon gift card I won from site a while back I never figured out what to buy with it. Was happy to find a good deal for a 4 gb card for under 20 shipped it said bulk though which means not original packaging.

From what I heard Dealwoot is a reliable site which is why I went with them especially since they ship out of LA.

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey 1 question im new to sd cards and readers.

The M3 real I ordered comes with a USB 2.0 T-Flash Card Reader I would think it would read the 2gb micro sd card I ordered from them, but I just got a Sandisk 4gb Micro SD HC card in the mail. It didnt come with a usb reader. Should the USB reader I get with the M3 work with this 4gb card also?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Don't use the USB reader. You will regret it if you happen to have corruptions in your MicroSD which can become quite often... maybe. And when you lose all those nice save files...

But about your question, I'm not sure if the MicroSDHC works on it. If your 4GB Micro came with a full sized SD adapter, then use that. I would think it would work as the M3Real is SDHC compatible, too.

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I have no idea which are good or bad. What are the chances the M3 reader would corrupt the 2gb card? And if I did corrupt it could I just format to fix it? I might get the M3 tomorrow and I would really want to use it out of the box so im thinking of using the reader on the 2gb since I cant really wait whats the risk of using it a little while I get a different reader. And not using the 4gb one until I get a better reader.

Not really sure what reader is good would want one for under 10 dollars shipped.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The chances are usually... Pretty random(probably not specific enough?). But you will be sorry. If you format, everything will be gone obviously. You will be sorry when you don't back up your games and saves VERY often. I don't remember how common it was. Most computers come with multimedia?readers and most MicroSD cards come with SD adapters nowadays right?

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.

I probably will just use it on the 2gb and see how it goes before I get a new reader. I know its dumb I guess but I really want to try it out right when I get it. Any suggestions on a good reader for cheap? How are those readers that come with like the kingston 2gb or Sandisk 2gb. If they are good enough might aswell get another 2gb even though im not sure if ill need it. But I can probably find a Kingston 2gb with a reader for around 10 or 11 shipped on ebay or somewhere else. Again though I dont really know anything about readers. Is it just the M3 readers that suck?

Also about my other question should any of those readers read the 4gb SDHC cards aswell?

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
The chances are usually... Pretty random(probably not specific enough?). But you will be sorry. If you format, everything will be gone obviously. You will be sorry when you don't back up your games and saves VERY often. I don't remember how common it was. Most computers come with multimedia?readers and most MicroSD cards come with SD adapters nowadays right?

Well thank you Wingless for turning me paranoid to a fear I did not know existed. So are you saying that i'm less prone to corruption if I stick it in an adapter and use a usb SD card reader, than if I use the one that came with the m3 real?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The readers that come with many flashcards are usually cheap.

Though some people may not have either the SD adapter or have an old computer... Even Laptops nowadays have these card readers/have an all in one slot reader.

IMG_1325.jpg

Well... The micro SD and the adapter that came with my micro SD isn't built in... I left my Micro SD sticking out a bit to let you see.

GcGX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What should I use then? I have a Kingston 2gb MicroSD but no reader, I was going to use the M3 reader but I don't want the hastle of saving constantly to prevent loss. What reader should I purchase and use in place of the M3's reader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...