Hacking Buying an M3 DS Real

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that link. I have $3.91 left on a amazon gift card so I can get that shipped for around 2 dollars.

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So guys what do you recommend an 8 Gb class 4 or an 4gb class 6 card ? And is the class diffrence really noticeable or not?

tguellich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Mew- said:
So guys what do you recommend an 8 Gb class 4 or an 4gb class 6 card ? And is the class diffrence really noticeable or not?

Class 6 all the way. I have used both and there is a very noticeable difference with the traditional firmware (currently 3.9). No speed difference with Sakura though. Also, the A-Data Class 6 card is much much faster than the PQI Class 6 card. I have not tried any other Class 6 cards.

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Oh well since i'll be using sakura i guess i'll go ahead with that 8 gb class 4 since i really want the space.

# Class 4: 4 MB/s
# Class 6: 6 MB/s

But 2 MB/s 50% faster ... oh well dont have the money for a 8 gb class 6 if there is one...

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
-Mew- said:
Oh well since i'll be using sakura i guess i'll go ahead with that 8 gb class 4 since i really want the space.

# Class 4: 4 MB/s
# Class 6: 6 MB/s

But 2 MB/s 50% faster ... oh well dont have the money for a 8 gb class 6 if there is one...
I don't think there are 8 GB Class 6 card out yet..Never seen one, and i remember reading somewhere they are about to come out...

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
TheWingless said:
There are class 6 A-Datas that are 8 GB, though most people don't know it and haven't tested them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....me=Micro%20SDHC

So if anyone would want to try, you can get them there. A bit costly, but blah blah free games and the such... The 3rd one is just a class 4.
Well, that is something new-er, I know they was none of Class 6 few months ago..
dry.gif

And about those card readers, I really must be a lucky guy with those things, because I'm using my microSD card reader that came with M3 Real
IMG_1325.jpg

The very same....
And it never corrupted my microSD, and it still didn't break.....And I've been using it many many times....also, it was one of the first batches of M3 Real...

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Toni Plutonij said:
TheWingless said:
There are class 6 A-Datas that are 8 GB, though most people don't know it and haven't tested them.

So if anyone would want to try, you can get them there. A bit costly, but blah blah free games and the such... The 3rd one is just a class 4.
Well, that is something new-er, I know they was none of Class 6 few months ago..
dry.gif

And about those card readers, I really must be a lucky guy with those things, because I'm using my microSD card reader that came with M3 Real
IMG_1325.jpg

The very same....
And it never corrupted my microSD, and it still didn't break.....And I've been using it many many times....also, it was one of the first batches of M3 Real...

Yeah, i HAVE to use one for my 4GB, my PC apparently did not support sdhc from the SD slot (with help of adapter)
Neither of those have corrupted my cards, but the one that came with M3 is jumpy and needs some voodoo to make it work (sometimes it is not just detected or something) - I am fan of the one what came with CycloDS evo, it works fine.

But mostly i use all, SD slot, and two readers, since i have three microSD's for DS stuff (for exsample, my 2Gb card includes Clannad in DPG format, 1Gb some homebrew and GBA stuff, 4GB includes everything random)

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
JereTHEend said:
Toni Plutonij said:
TheWingless said:

dry.gif

IMG_1325.jpg

The very same....

Yeah, i HAVE to use one for my 4GB, my PC apparently did not support sdhc from the SD slot (with help of adapter)
Neither of those have corrupted my cards, but the one that came with M3 is jumpy and needs some voodoo to make it work (sometimes it is not just detected or something) - I am fan of the one what came with CycloDS evo, it works fine.

But mostly i use all, SD slot, and two readers, since i have three microSD's for DS stuff (for exsample, my 2Gb card includes Clannad in DPG format, 1Gb some homebrew and GBA stuff, 4GB includes everything random)

Link for Clannad beta please
tongue.gif

Also i hope my Sandick reader is good. I know about 5 people that never had problems with the SD card readers that came with the cards.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
-Mew- said:
tongue.gif

Also i hope my Sandick reader is good. I know about 5 people that never had problems with the SD card readers that came with the cards.

Clannad the anime series, i am sorry.

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
JereTHEend said:
-Mew- said:
tongue.gif

Clannad the anime series, i am sorry.

I know theres a Clannad DS beta but i cant find it ...
wacko.gif

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It should be good..look, any of microSD readers are good, no matter how cheap they are, as long as they work..once they start to corrupt data on cards, then you should replace them..
So no fear for now, if it works, great...simply, use ti!

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, no problem..the thing is, that microSD readers are small, and made of cheap material, on the other hand, bigger SD card readers (also the built ones in the computer), are of better quality, and better material..
The cheap ones can have problems with heating, if they heat up to much, material they are made of starts to messing things, and they stop working properly..
Some people say that they messed up their microSDs beyond repair, but they don't know that it's required to format your microSD in order to work properly again (sometimes PC can't read card, so you have to use mobile phone, or different system to format card)..
Plus, most of the SD cards come with lifetime warranty, so you can actually replace them if they stop working, as long as they're not physically broken..
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte