OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I've got ~$160 max to use on this.

I have a Lenovo Thinkcentre M55 (8811-VM4)
  • The CPU is the Core 2 Duo E6300.
  • I've got three gigs of RAM in it (though I think one might be faulty, gotta' check that).
  • It has a PCI-E x16 slot, currently has a GeForce 7300 LE in it.
I want a decent video card and a reliable PSU to power it.
My monitor has DVI input, no worries there.

I'd rather order from newegg.

My main concern is the power supply, as I've gotta' get a good one that matches, and that'll determine my budget for the video card. Yeah it's not a high budget, but compared to what I have right now a 500W PSU and an HD 5670 blows it out of the water.

inb4originality

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
A 6770 is a rebranded 5770, and similar stories can be found for most of the mid-range. The HD6 series is supposed to feature new technology like "app accelleration", but they both support EyeFinite and DX11. Other than that, there are slight differences and tweaks in their power phasing, memory management and cooling (they no longer look like bricks). There's also OpenGL 4.1 and various "HD" this and "3D" that, which are only in the HD6 series, but you probably feel the same way about that stuff as I do.

EDIT: Just checked the specs - the 6670 has 480 stream processors and a few other things (8 Color ROP units), whilst the 5770 has 800 stream processors and a few more other things (16 Color ROP units). Makes senes, since the scale for the mid-range is the same in both HD5 and HD6 (with a couple exceptions).

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't care about the technical specs. I own the HD5770 myself as well, I was used to a 9 years old medion pc with a modified radeon 9800 card in it.

This card runs about everything, it's not enough to play crysis on ultra high @ 60 fps, but it is enough to do so at 20 fps.
Team fortress 2 runs flawlessly all highest. So does League of Legends, minecraft (heh), magicka.. (:/)
Interstellar marines and a lot more.

I've got two monitors, one at 1440x900 and 1280x1024. Can play all ^ games while having anything on the other screen without any problems.

It's good enough to run everything on highest, but not at 60 fps. It's perfect for a cheap, but still very nice card. I love mine
smile.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1