Buying A new SD Card

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DaRk_AnGeL_ZoA, Aug 9, 2012.

Aug 9, 2012

Buying A new SD Card by DaRk_AnGeL_ZoA at 9:12 PM (540 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. DaRk_AnGeL_ZoA
    OP

Newcomer DaRk_AnGeL_ZoA Member

United Kingdom
    Hiya I'm wondering what would be a good replacement for my stock 2gb sd card because I decided that i'm gonna get NSMB2 when it's on the eshop and I'm running low on space lol so
    • A good brand/is it compatible with the 3ds?
    • How do transfer my old stuff off VC games, dsiware & Theatrhythm FF songs :moogle:

2. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    Pretty Simple.
    I recommend you choosing a 8gb Lexar SD. Compatibility is no problem. See a youtube video to transfer dsi to 3ds.

3. DaRk_AnGeL_ZoA
    OP

Newcomer DaRk_AnGeL_ZoA Member

United Kingdom
    Okay thanks I might look into a lexar sd card & I think you misunderstood me I haven't got a dsi just a 3ds (well 2 3ds's) I just wanted to know if I just copy the folders from my existing sd card over to my netbook then onto the new sd card.

4. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    Yep, just copy everything from the old card to the new. Try not to do anything on the 3DS until you have finished transferring and have plugged the new SD card in. As soon as data on this new SD is updated, the old data becomes invalid (I think).