Button alignment on VC games?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by SpaceJump, Jul 28, 2011.

Jul 28, 2011
  1. SpaceJump
    OP

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    How is the button allignment in VC games like Super Mario Land? Is it like GBA games on DS (A=A and B=B) or can you customize them like Y(3DS)=B and B(3DS)=A?

2. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    No you can't.. [​IMG] You're bugged by it?

3. SpaceJump
    OP

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Yes, I am. It just doesn't feel natural. Look at how many want this customization on the SCDS2's GBA emu...

I just don't understand it. Why can't they implement such easy thing? That was even possible in Super Mario All-Stars on SNES!

4. Bent

Member Bent GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I totally agree. It has bugged me since playing GBA games on the DS. It has always felt more natural to me to use the Y&B instead of B&A. I blame Super Mario World. That was the first SNES game I played and got used to that layout when using 4 buttons. At least with the 3DS I suppose customizable controls could be implemented in a firmware update, it was impossible on the DS.

Anyone remember Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the GameCube? No customizable controls there either, and it was backwards from the way Classic Mega Man was laid out.

5. ferret7463

Member ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I agree they need to fix that or i guess i'll stick with the PSP on GBA emulation.