Hacking Burnt Wii game causing the screen to jump??

fleeps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well downgraded and and brew'd the new Wii yesterday and all is well it seems. Except for one problem!

The first game I burnt the ravin rabits 3 party or whatever and it loads up great no problems but the screen on my TV sits there and jumps up and down constantly. Flip flip flip flip flip flip so you can barely see it which I assume is a screen resolution problem like on a puter?

But my Wii is hooked in through normal audio video cables RCA type and I have S video going to the TV.

Then I read something about changing the wii frequency or something?

Anyone have these p roblems with the screen flipping up and down over and over and know what the dealieo is?

Thanks in advance!!!!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fleeps said:
Well downgraded and and brew'd the new Wii yesterday and all is well it seems. Except for one problem!

The first game I burnt the ravin rabits 3 party or whatever and it loads up great no problems but the screen on my TV sits there and jumps up and down constantly. Flip flip flip flip flip flip so you can barely see it which I assume is a screen resolution problem like on a puter?

But my Wii is hooked in through normal audio video cables RCA type and I have S video going to the TV.

Then I read something about changing the wii frequency or something?

Anyone have these p roblems with the screen flipping up and down over and over and know what the dealieo is?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Are you able to set the video mode of your Wii to 480i(NTSC/PAL60)? I would expect your issue with an 576i(PAL60) signal on a NTSC tv.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, your problem is probably that you got a PAL version and not a USA (NTSC-U) version of the game. Fix the problem by either adjusting video modes in Backup Launcher settings or download the USA version.

fleeps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was definitely the problem I was trying to play a PAL game on NTSC. Apparently downloaded the wrong one cause to his force NTSC everytime is surely annoying!! Thanks for all the help!!!!

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
if u force ntsc on a pal60 game u may STILL GET BLACK ANF WHITE SCROLLING on a Ntsc console...for these games you HAVE to use a ntsc copy of the game...(tools exist to region change/free a disc but they DONT ALWAYS WORK infact more often than not they DO NOT WORK so save your dvd's and source a ntsc version..BTW SOME GAMES ACTUALLY WORK BETTER NOT FORCING NTSC THOUGH RARE i've seen games that get a disc error forcing ntsc and work if you dont the simsons game on 3b for example) since gamma though things have become rather stable anyways i suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz