shane1972

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi All,

I have burnt the game using nero after obtaining the .dvd file.
The game is Dynasty Warriors 4 for xbox.
When i play the game i get to the main menu but as soon as i select an option i get the dirty disc error.
I applied the update from microsoft and the game is in the compatability list saying that it works on the 360.
Any ideas?

Cheers

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What type of media are you using? I've had failures before until I switched to Verbatim discs.
No problems since. They are a little pricey, but well worth it.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Game consoles are usually picky with the type of media, burner, and speeds you burn at. You need to do some trial and error before you can find the 'sweet spot'.

I have had 100% luck with a Samsung SH-S223 writer, RICOHJPN-D01-67 Media (usually manufactured by Sonik Data or MBI), writing at 4x.

shane1972

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Moose13 said:
What type of media are you using? I've had failures before until I switched to Verbatim discs.

I always use Verbatim so in this case its not the disc.
Has something to do with the whole burn process.
What do you guys use to burn xbox games (not 360)?
And what do you use to obtain the .dvd file if the iso does not have it included?

Cheers

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
shane1972 said:
Moose13 said:

I always use Verbatim so in this case its not the disc.
Has something to do with the whole burn process.
What do you guys use to burn xbox games (not 360)?
And what do you use to obtain the .dvd file if the iso does not have it included?

Cheers

You should probably Google that information. If you don't do your research about Xbox 360 backups, and just blindly go into it, you will most certainly get yourself banned from Xbox Live.

As a side note, just because the disc says 'Verbatim' on it, doesn't necessarily mean it's a top quality disc. The reseller is Verbatim, but depending on where the disc was manufactured, it could be an entirely different company. For example, Verbatim has discs that were made in Taiwan, Japan, Malaysia, etc, and could be manufactured by Fuji, Taiyo Yuden, Maxell, Ricoh, etc.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try burning with ImgBurn, if that doesn't work IF possible try another a DVD burner. Plus just to be safe, kick it down to 2x, yeah it may take ages, but heck your getting the game for free.

i actually tend to buy my backups...yes BUY pirated games, i only pay like 3$ for it, but it saves me the hassle of burning and not to mention downloading myself. However i have downloaded 1 or 2 games, and burned with ImgBurn at 2X, using Verbatims, with no probs
yay.gif

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Buying pirate games is a filthy thing to do.

Grab yourself a Pioneer 111D or 112D off ebay, make sure the discs you are using are Verbatim *MKM* ones, made in singapore I think,
& finally, use IMGburn to burn them, at whatever speed works for you depending on how good your PC is.

Thats the key to successful backups, paying some douche bag $3 per game sucks, thats pure unadulterated piracy.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use an external lg burner and burn burn at 8x with memorex media and have never had a problem , read the the .dvd file to make sure the layer break is right ......it should look something like this

LayerBreak=1913760
xxx-xxx.iso
xxxis the name of the iso you are burning

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cardyology said:
Buying pirate games is a filthy thing to do.

Grab yourself a Pioneer 111D or 112D off ebay, make sure the discs you are using are Verbatim *MKM* ones, made in singapore I think,
& finally, use IMGburn to burn them, at whatever speed works for you depending on how good your PC is.
link you to those compo
Thats the key to successful backups, paying some douche bag $3 per game sucks, thats pure unadulterated piracy.

Well i run on 256kb/s internet with a max torrenting speed of 20kb/s or so.......i hope you get my point.

those douches don't download them themselves...they buy them from software pirating companies and then re sell them (yes im sure you just lol-ed but that's how it works here) i'd pay 3$ any day. Things are different here in Asia, you'll never understand till you come and see yourself.

i'd link you to those companies but im afraid that's against the rules...but yet again they just show there products (as in there is no physical download of pirated stuff) but it isn't worth risking it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY