kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok...I have just recently attempted to put okami into my vertebram disc(via copy and paste). When I placed it in the wii, it said unreadable. Does this mean that the d2pro I placed in the wii hasn't clipped on yet? or maybe I didn't burn it on correctly? Please help and thanks,
Kevin

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont burn the iso on the disc.
the iso is a disc image. use a real dvd burner program (imgburn, nero, clonedvd, etc etc) and select an option to burn image or iso, or how ever it is worded in the program.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Much appreciated all, I will start doing some searching later this afternoon ^^
Thanks GBATempers
smile.gif

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone please help me again. I have been attempting to use imgburn and everytime I try to select my empty CD as the output location, they say the disc is not empty and can not write on it. What I don't get is, all I do is format it and put a name on the disc.(its a rewriteable 16x Vertebram) and Imgburn recognizes the CD but can't seem to write on it b/c it's not considered "empty". Anyone have a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong =/

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kevenka said:
Someone please help me again. I have been attempting to use imgburn and everytime I try to select my empty CD as the output location, they say the disc is not empty and can not write on it. What I don't get is, all I do is format it and put a name on the disc.(its a rewriteable 16x Vertebram) and Imgburn recognizes the CD but can't seem to write on it b/c it's not considered "empty". Anyone have a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong =/

Id say a fairly good reason that its not working is because its a CD and not a DVD.
Also , dont use Windows to do anything , it messes up the discs , use IMGBurn to do the whole thing from start to finish, cancel any windows suggestions when they pop up.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But I think I need to format it and put a name on it b/c imgburn doesn't seem to recognize it unless I do that...(I was trying to do what you suggested djtaz, but this time it says, "device is not ready (medium not present - tray closed")
Sigh...I am trying to do this on windows Xp fyi, if that says anything -.-

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kevenka said:
But I think I need to format it and put a name on it b/c imgburn doesn't seem to recognize it unless I do that...(I was trying to do what you suggested djtaz, but this time it says, "device is not ready (medium not present - tray closed")
Sigh...I am trying to do this on windows Xp fyi, if that says anything -.-
Id say at this stage try to aquire yourself a copy of Nero and see if that works for you. It gives a lot more detail on the state of the drive and the discs and you can find out a lot more.

Can you confirm that it is DVD re-writables that you have ? A CD will not work

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I tried that though, and it said the "device is not ready (medium not present - tray closed)" with the totally blank CD =/
Also, the size of the CD in GB doesn't have to exactly match up with the iso size right?(like I can have a 16 GB Disc and put the iso in and it should still play fine?)

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh...16GB DVDs don't exist..just Single (4.7) and Double (9.4) Layer/
Don't want to be rude but...Why are you investing in Modchips when you can't even burn an ISO?

Anyhow, any burning program like ImgBurn can just load the ISO and burn it to the disc.

And stop saying CD, It's called a DVD.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, yea, but the imgburner was recognize by my acer laptop. When I placed the exact same disc(blank) into the windows XP, it said the "blah blah blah- not in tray"(the thing I said earlier =/)
So...yea, weird stuff...

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, are you trying to put the wii game in the computer's dvd drive and then tell a program to copy it? -that won't work except on a few select drives.
You should use waninkoko's disc ripper 1.2 (not sure about name, but check his site) It does require a cios to use it on the wii though. (use waninkoko's cios-from experience the patchmii doesn't work here) You can use wifi,sd,or usb dump with that program. The iso file it gives you can be burned using imgburn, and it should work on the wii. Only thing that might not allow this to work is the dvd used-brand or +-rw etc. (-r works best)

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe I have a -r and what you say makes a lot of sense oneup, but I don't think that really solves my problem. The imgburn doesn't seem to recognize the CD(on the desktop), not the game. The okami iso I have is just a regular iso so that's not the problem. It's just when I attempted to get imgburner to recognize the disc I put in, it says that "device is not ready (medium not present - tray closed). I just think this windows XP can't recognize DVD-R but...I don't know. I always get some form of bad luck with electronics =/

(Also, on a side note: when I want to write music on a disc, must I also "burn" it on or would copy and past do just fine?)
Thanks tempers!
Kevin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-