Bummed out...

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While looking at Equality Rings (my friend turned me on to them), I had messaged another friend on Skype (one that I've known for years, we met in a Yahoo chat room, turned out we went to the same school) about me being allergic to certain metals and the other ring was like $50 (for those of you who don't know, an Equality Ring is a ring that you wear in place of a wedding band as a promise not to support the marriage industry until EVERYONE can have equal rights). My friend then informed me that his mother had passed away a few days ago to cancer. She had cancer for a few years now and went to New York to receive treatment. She fought as hard as she could and outlived what the doctors estimated her time would be. I knew exactly what my friend was feeling. My grandparents adopted me and I lost my grandmother to cancer (who was legally my mother) two years ago. My friend's mother was a sweet woman who treated me like her own daughter. She often thought of me as her own daughter and wished I was her daughter. She treated me better than my biological parents ever did and was a great woman. I really will miss her. Now I feel kinda bummed because as of 7 minutes ago it's my birthday and I found out this news on my birthday (not like anything great ever happens anyway, half of the people don't remember so I gave up). Anyway I guess I just wanted to share this...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you did. It's always sad to see a great person lose to a terminal disease. If you had not posted this, I would not have known. It may not be much, but at least this blog is a small bastion fortifying a monument to the dead who deserved life. I suggest you lock this and open another topic for discussion, for preservation, and to keep out the nutters.

EDIT: It's in the Manage my Blog link at the top.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users