Hardware Building Mini Street Fighter Alpha 3 Cabinet

Falciase

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all-- this is my first post here. Seems that this forum would be probably my best bet in getting help for my issue.

I'm building a mini Street Fighter Alpha 3 arcade cabinet that will utilize a GBA SP (AGS-101) and the fantastic GBA port of Street Fighter Alpha 3. This project combines 3 loves of mine: small electronics, arcades, and Street Fighter.

The project has been going well, except I have hit a minor snag that you guys might be able to help me with. The GBA port of SFA3 utilizes the four buttons (a=strong kick, b=strong punch, l=weak punch, r=weak kick) in a manner that essentially makes the GBA seem to have 6 buttons-- the player can press a+r or b+l in order to produce medium kick and medium punch buttons, respectively.

I figured that I would be able to wire up the buttons so that I could have 6 buttons on this cabinet just like the real SF arcades do-- have 4 regular buttons, and then 2 buttons that would essentially activate two of the GBA's buttons at the same time.

I wired it up, and well, it seems to actually duplicate my buttons, essentially turning 2 buttons into the same button-- the exact opposite of what I was trying to achieve, hahah.

I am hopefully wording this correctly-- it is sort of an obscure problem... if I put this in the wrong place, I apologize. Any comments or links to point me in the right direction would be phenomenal. Thanks for any help you guys are willing to give me!!

- Falciase

rgros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe if you could add some pictures of your setup some one could help you further.. it's hard to tell what's wrong with no visual aid
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You'd stay on it longer if anything