Hacking Bug fix for WiiGator Loader 0.3b

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
requiem4d said:
I haven't fixed the disc read error, but I've successfully found the reason Wario Land - Shake It! (NTSC) hangs on a black screen. I'll post a code diff here in about 15 mins or so once I verify it works with his original codebase.

Hey! Thanks so much, last night I was a little more than irked that No More Heroes was locking up. I've been playing all afternoon.
gbasp.gif

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
How do you explain all this going?
Means that it is working to correct the mistakes of the backup launcher v 0.3 of Wiigator, with Cios that works? that is the bug fix?
I am completely disoriented.

sav_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok, I got it working. It seems that installing dvdx with ios249 wasn't enough. I had to install cios249 too (I use .3 with ios247). Everything still works: .1, .3 and this fixed .3

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thor1981 said:
How do you explain all this going?
Means that it is working to correct the mistakes of the backup launcher v 0.3 of Wiigator, with Cios that works? that is the bug fix?
I am completely disoriented.

Basically its an fix independent of wiigators. Not official, just a friendly patch for some folks who can't wait for the next release, that's what I would call it.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Running behind posting this.. Zak and wiki broken level is fixed everything is now working on this game with the fix.. Damn game, ended up playing the rest of the way through now that the levels all load.

Sora Master2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Fire Emblem, the patched version, NTSC, on this stops freezing at where it did(at this part where this bald guyu with weird ears shows up) I wasn't paying attention cuz my bro was playing and I was waching(not a big Fire Emblem game)

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MCBarkingSpoon said:
requiem4d said:
I haven't fixed the disc read error, but I've successfully found the reason Wario Land - Shake It! (NTSC) hangs on a black screen. I'll post a code diff here in about 15 mins or so once I verify it works with his original codebase.

Hey! Thanks so much, last night I was a little more than irked that No More Heroes was locking up. I've been playing all afternoon.
gbasp.gif

Ok, I know exactly why this fix worked. There is no reason to comment out an ENTIRE line of code. The fact is the loader is not coded very well. I have an alternative fix that promises more. I mean that I have a fix that could be the start to fixing all hangs for all games not just Wario that does not involve commenting out Wiigators code and it works withought the cIOS_read_retry fix from Wiigator. I will share it later.

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the fix:

for line 417 and 418;

memcpy((void*)0x80003180, (char*)0x80000000, 4); // online check code, seems offline games clear it?
memcpy((void*)0x817fec60, entryholder, 4); // entrypoint

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
knowitall599 said:
Ok, I know exactly why this fix worked. There is no reason to comment out an ENTIRE line of code. The fact is the loader is not coded very well. I have an alternative fix that promises more. I mean that I have a fix that could be the start to fixing all hangs for all games not just Wario that does not involve commenting out Wiigators code and it works withought the cIOS_read_retry fix from Wiigator. I will share it later.

lol

chaoshawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
knowitall599 said:

lol

Looking forward to reading about it.

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaoshawk said:
WiiPower said:
knowitall599 said:

lol

Looking forward to reading about it.

Part of it is already posted two posts above this the other part I am still trying to figure out.

BTW, only change line 417 and 418. Do NOT change any other line.

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason this only works if we change line 417 and 418. The reason is not so simple and I am will to bet that the repeated While(1) loops earlier and later in the code respectively have something to do with why we only change line 417 and 418. I would be glad to answer any questions about this.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why does a game should need (or even work better with) it's entryaddress stored in memory? I don't understand. Would be important for a complete reset of the game. This would be something i wouldn't miss.

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
sess said:
magic12 said:
please, don't make mi laugh

PAL copies of the game contain a glitch if the language is set to English, German or Spanish. In Chapter 2-2, after Mario finds a key, the game will freeze if Mario speaks to the character Mimi without first picking up the key. Nintendo of Europe is replacing the game disc for no charge with a version that does not contain the glitch. Nintendo of Europe announced details of the replacement on their website in November 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_paper_mario#Development

I was wrong about the recall, though.

yeah, you are right, im sorry
rolleyes.gif

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knowitall,
are you gonna have time to compile tonight?
Let us know.

Oh requiem4d's fix now has Igor working great, not that anyone cares about that POS game, thought it was worth a try and there it was instead of the hang at the loading screen.
biggrin.gif

Wish it hadn't loaded now that I played some of it.

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
knowitall599 said:
Here is the fix:

for line 417 and 418;

memcpy((void*)0x80003180, (char*)0x80000000, 4); // online check code, seems offline games clear it?
memcpy((void*)0x817fec60, entryholder, 4); // entrypoint

could someone with the skills put this into code and compile it for testing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (and the joke here is that i misheard pride month as bread month)