GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all!

I'm looking for a new phone at around the £100 mark but I'm really not clued up when it comes to this kinda thing. I've had a brief look around and the LeEco Le S3 X626 looks alright for the money, but that's just from my limited knowledge. My current phone is a Vodafone Smart Prime 6 I've had for a few years now, and it's starting to not work, so any ideas would be appreciated. I'm sure anything would be an upgrade from this lol

Thanks in advance <3

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly depends on what kind of phone you would like (Although there's less room to be picky at these price ranges)
I've poked around at these price ranges before and my personal favourite was the Huawei Y5 (Sometimes called Y560). It's screen isn't the best and its a tiny bit small compared to modern standards (4.5" but I don't mind that size personally), but it runs like a dream and even has an unofficial LineageOS 14.1 build if you want modern android (Comes with 5.1 iirc).
If you really need good screen and a bit bigger size like the one you linked, The Huawei Y6 looks nice although I've never personally tried it, and its probably a bit on the high end of your budget price-wise.
In the end I really ended up liking Huawei phones more than I thought I would, but it would depend on what you're looking for in a phone, if you browse Amazon there's tons of them (Mostly also chinese brands) boasting similar specs for similar prices. I dunno that I'd fully recommend the Y5 also, it just worked nice for me.

Looked at that LeEco Le S3 X626 you mentioned and quite honestly it does look very worth it for the price, if I was aiming for that price range now I know I'd snap it up.

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly depends on what kind of phone you would like (Although there's less room to be picky at these price ranges)
I've poked around at these price ranges before and my personal favourite was the Huawei Y5 (Sometimes called Y560). It's screen isn't the best and its a tiny bit small compared to modern standards (4.5" but I don't mind that size personally), but it runs like a dream and even has an unofficial LineageOS 14.1 build if you want modern android (Comes with 5.1 iirc).
If you really need good screen and a bit bigger size like the one you linked, The Huawei Y6 looks nice although I've never personally tried it, and its probably a bit on the high end of your budget price-wise.
In the end I really ended up liking Huawei phones more than I thought I would, but it would depend on what you're looking for in a phone, if you browse Amazon there's tons of them (Mostly also chinese brands) boasting similar specs for similar prices. I dunno that I'd fully recommend the Y5 also, it just worked nice for me.

Looked at that LeEco Le S3 X626 you mentioned and quite honestly it does look very worth it for the price, if I was aiming for that price range now I know I'd snap it up.
Really, my only requirement is it being able to run Fire Emblem Heroes lol. Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Seriel

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Had a Moto E back then, was 120 € brand new at the end of 2014 and the only really low-end thing about it is the camera (fixed focus and no flash), nowadays it's probably available at half the price

But for little more you can get a high-end phone of similiar age, like the Nexus 5 I bought 5 months ago :)

Reactions: Seriel

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally use a Moto G5 Plus, which I got for like 179$~ due to a deal, cheap but as good as a HTC 10 (The phone I upgraded(?) from). However, I'm not sure you could get that in the UK.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to give you guys a little update on this!
Turns out my brother has a spare OnePlus One, which sounds pretty great for my needs. Gonna give him £70 for it so everybody gets something out of it!

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Just to give you guys a little update on this!
Turns out my brother has a spare OnePlus One, which sounds pretty great for my needs. Gonna give him £70 for it so everybody gets something out of it!
Make sure to install AOSP or an AOSP-based ROM (like Lineage or RR).

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make sure to install AOSP or an AOSP-based ROM (like Lineage or RR).
I was actually thinking of running a dual boot setup with Ubuntu Phone, since it's one of few phones with full compatibility. Might be something nice to try.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I was actually thinking of running a dual boot setup with Ubuntu Phone, since it's one of few phones with full compatibility. Might be something nice to try.
Isn't Ubuntu Touch dead?
And you'd probably get way more functionality out of Android TBH.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't Ubuntu Touch dead?
And you'd probably get way more functionality out of Android TBH.
Yeah, which is why I said I'd be going for a dual boot setup lol. Haven't tried it before but it'd be nice to have setup. Ubuntu Touch is something I've been interested in since it launched, but I could never afford the dedicated devices at the time.

Reactions: smileyhead

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
To let you know. I've had issues with my Oneplus One heating up. Could just be my unit, but it tends to get really hot. (Convenient, it's happening as I'm typing this...) But it is usually fixed by a reboot. Otherwise it is a really solid phone, I would recommend to anyone!

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To let you know. I've had issues with my Oneplus One heating up. Could just be my unit, but it tends to get really hot. (Convenient, it's happening as I'm typing this...) But it is usually fixed by a reboot. Otherwise it is a really solid phone, I would recommend to anyone!
Looking around, I heard an update within the last year to it caused that issue. Regardless, I'm looking forward to trying it!

Reactions: CrimsonMaple

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Scarlet
https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Red...etail-top-buytogether&ID=224&cur_warehouse=HK

I have had a dozen of this for my friends and family. NONE of them had any issues.
Keep in mind I had different colour, different memory size etc for that.
I myself used one and its excellent!

Crazy good battery, Snapdragon 625, decent amount of RAM. Its the king of budget phones.

The camera is nothing to write home about, specially in low light conditions.
But IMO takes excellent photos. Makes the photos look "real", for the lack of a better word. I am specially a fan of selfies with that phone. It doesnt take the best pics, but makes them look refreshingly real and good. Dont need no beauty mode lol.

Trust me buddy. I have used 100s of phones over the past 2 years. Because of my job, as well as personal hobby lol.

I currently have a Mi Max 2 as a backup phone. It has almost the same specs as the Redmi Note 4x but 6.44 inch screen.

Redmi Note 4 specs:
Snapdragon 625 SOC
3GB RAM
16GB internal storage (buy a 64GB for a tenner)
PREMIUM BUILD QUALITY!
The phone looks and feels amazing.
4100 mAH battery

(my dad just bought 2 of these to gift my cousins. twins. I can screenshot to show you if you like lol)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Scarlet

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really, my only requirement is it being able to run Fire Emblem Heroes lol. Thanks for the advice!
i can recomend the huawei p8 light 2017 edition it is under 170 everywhere

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, which is why I said I'd be going for a dual boot setup lol. Haven't tried it before but it'd be nice to have setup. Ubuntu Touch is something I've been interested in since it launched, but I could never afford the dedicated devices at the time.
dont you need a certain phone for that also i planned to get a new ubuntu touch phone but never got one

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Scarlet
After I posted my last recommendation, I almost instantly saw this one: https://www.banggood.com/LeTV-Leeco...tail-left-viewhistory&ID=232&cur_warehouse=HK

That one is comparable to high end phones. It has Snapdragon 820.
I have had the version with Snapdragon 821, and it was crazy good!

Only thing I didnt like about it was the screen. Mine came with a couple of dead pixels. But I am usually unlucky.

£123 for a snapdragon 820 phone!? You got to be barking mad to miss that out.

I am itching to buy one. Even though I dont need it lol. Currently I use a galaxy note 8 as main phone and the xiaomi mi max 2 as a backup phone.
Gosh.. on the verge of getting this to replace my mi max 2 as a backup phone. But I use mi max as a kindle reader because of its 6.44 screen lol

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2