Homebrew Browserhax is STILL WORKING

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting this to work on my 10.1 n3DS. I turned off wifi, typed in http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright.php to the browser. Then I exited the browser, turned on wi-fi, rebooted console and opened the browser right away. I still get the update message pretty much immediately.
Do I need to mess with my DNS or anything?

Yes you need to change your DNS.

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting this to work on my 10.1 n3DS. I turned off wifi, typed in http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright.php to the browser. Then I exited the browser, turned on wi-fi, rebooted console and opened the browser right away. I still get the update message pretty much immediately.
Check the OP's DNSes. Also try having your wifi off when you go into the internet browser then turn it on and then imediately refresh the page.

robot56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you're able to get into the browser settings, try to select "Initialize save data" or "Reset save data" and browsing to the payload. That will remove the cache and force another update check. If you can get to the payload before then, you're in luck. The DNS workaround may possibly help delay the request but keep in mind you'll probably get other errors due to not being able to connect for example the "can't be used at this time" errors.

smisk42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, took a few tries, but got it to work :)
Used 107.211.140.165 as primary and 107.211.140.065 as secondary DNS.

Iceman1800

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it only checks the update when you first connect out to a URL. If you can't get this workaround to work, then there's not really much else that we know of doing at the moment. System formats apparently won't work, going to recovery mode won't work, and deleting the browser's history and save data file won't work either.
It seems that the O3DS can't boot the browser fast enough to escape... So everyone on O3DS is screwed, if they don't already have a paid method, or an installable method.

Is there any way we can make smashhax work on og 3ds?

dradonhunter11

French o-MEGA modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This only applies to 9.9+.

I've tested this with different scenarios on 3DSes old9.9/old10.1. The former I prevented from getting the initial update prompt and using the browser works fine.

The latter I intentionally allowed to receive the message solely to test out how the message was stored. From what I've worked out, you are able to get a window of opportunity before you receive a response from the server telling the 3DS that the client is out of date. That time can be used to browse to the payload. I've tested this method out myself a couple of times and I can confirm that it's definitely tricky to get working, but it is definitely possible to do so.

well, how the timing is tricky, because for me I try lot of solution like entire browser reset, it remove the update message but still don't work...

I want to repair my dumb mistake so bad

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to get my n3DS 10.1 working with this again. Last night I tried to get it to work, but the update nag always came up almost immediately after launching my browser. So I'm going to try to take the advice from upthread, and initialize the save data of my browser because I can at least change my browser settings. Plus I'm going to try the DNS's again on top of that.

If all else fails, is it 100% certain that I can get a Sky3DS with CN rom and load up Ninjhax? (And probably Themehax too JIC)

Swooky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some people where suggesting to localy host browserhax. I tried it and it didn't work in short.

I downloaded the browserhax php files and locally webhosted them on my computer with EasyPHP. I could access it from my phone and other pc so it was working fine.
I edited the files so that they would correctly include each other and that it should just work.
Then I disconnected my router from the internet. I thought the 3DS wouldn't be able to check if it had the latest version.
But apperantly Nintendo now baked in the browser that it isn't up to date. Even if it can't check if it is update to date.`
So it just shows the error message.

I guess browser exploits for old 3ds with firmware version <10.1 are now quite doomed. :(

(If I you have any suggestions for localy hosting the exploit I would be glad to hear them!)

D

Deleted User

Looks like Nintendo can't patch Homebrew for older firmwares. I can't belive it took Nintendo so long to finally make a move against this new homebrew menu. First patch YouTube, then release an update that patches Browserhax and themehax. Now they try to block browserhax on older firmwares.

alkatraz91

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have ne3dsxl i changed dns to the google one and it work for me.i can continua start the homebrew and use the savemanager

robot56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, how the timing is tricky, because for me I try lot of solution like entire browser reset, it remove the update message but still don't work...

I want to repair my dumb mistake so bad

The browser needs to have connected to the update server at least once so it can poll the update data. It'll complain when it can't connect, so you can disable the DNS server and it won't make much of a difference. You should also be selecting "Initialize save data" so it forces another connection to the server as if you don't, it just reads from the cache which you don't want.

mikimusone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I get yellow screen and it crashes.
I'm on N3DS 9.9.0 EU and i launched the browserhax scanning the qr code because i haven't the browserhax page ready in the browser.
What can I do?

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on o3ds and I never saw spider update prompt, can I still use it?
What firmware and make sure to use tubehax dns or any dns that blockd Nintindo server before opening the browser since it the only way to not get the browser nag.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I get yellow screen and it crashes.
I'm on N3DS 9.9.0 EU and i launched the browserhax scanning the qr code because i haven't the browserhax page ready in the browser.
What can I do?
Turn off the wifi and enter the url. It will give you a error saying yoh are offline but the url should stay. Now exit the browser and turn your wifi back on and open the browser. It should load browserhax in a few seconds.

Last edited by N0n@me,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed