Brownie Brown wants Mother 3 on DS

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, game developer Brownie Brown said it would like to make a DS version of Mother 3 for western audiences to enjoy. Shinichi Kameoka, President of Brownie Brown said this:

“I’d like to try making games for the Wii. We’re optimistic about it and looking into it.”

“ (concerning WiiWare) we’re really interested.”

“If we were asked to make one [a DS version of Mother 3], then we would definitely like for fans abroad to play the game.”

http://gonintendo.com/?p=69927

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Unfortunately Nintendo really doesn't give a crap about what game developers want. Just look at poor Bob.
Nintendo isn't the only company that publishes DS games. All Nintendo has to do is put a seal of approval on it and rake in money, they're just not willing to do the localization their selves. The thing is every else is just as willing as Nintendo. "Can the money made from a Western release justify the costs?"

Also this doesn't have a thing to do with Bob. Wrong thread?

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mother 3 only on DS I'd jump at in a heartbeat. Hell, even if they finally released it on GBA would even do. But What I'd like to see most is a mega pack. Mother 1-3 on one cart. They already got their Earthbound 0 script, and their original Earthbound one, just need to make one for the latest and bundle them together and watch the money roll in. Not sure of the technical aspects, but they already had a Mother 1+2 pack for GBA in Japan, and of course Mother 3 was on GBA as well, and the DS should be similar enough I think that porting that code with some minor differences should be simple. Hell, if not, I'm sure they could do it.

Of course I'm just dreaming, and we'll likely not even see Mother 3 alone, let alone a fanboy's wetdream mega pack. *sigh* I can dream...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.