Hardware Broken GBA game?

skrble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all,

I would like to hear your opinion... I bought game from ebay, Zelda. I turned it on and it worked well, but then suddenly stopped - the screen and sound also freezed and the game was not responsing. I restarted the handheld, but the game is not loading anymore. The GBA detects the cartridge is well placed on (it displays the Nintendo logo), but it only leads to empty white screen. What shall I do? Is it worth to replace the battery, or is the cartridge unit just fault?

I am very thankful for all Your help! Very very thanks and have a nice day.
Skrble

PS: I am including video link -

skrble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if it really is... :( Should I just let it be? Battery repair or something so won't work? Just yes or no, thank You :(

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Contact the seller for a replacement?

I got my money back on a Bootleg of Leaf Green due to its glitches on loading and saving (see here) when I went to complain but ya you should be in line for a new cart or refund from the seller on that

skrble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MRsonic - the cartridge is new for sure, it had not any scratches or so. 100% new /pirated/ one. I have removed battery for capturing. All contacts seems okey... It just frozen and stop working...

Kouen Hasuki - Nice to hear that you were given your money back! I hope my reseller do the same (specially when he has 100 % ebay rank), but you know, if there is any way to home repair, i'll try it :)

Attachments

• DSC05660.JPG
    DSC05660.JPG
    852.5 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC05661.JPG
    DSC05661.JPG
    727.9 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC05663.JPG
    DSC05663.JPG
    680.4 KB · Views: 346

MRsonic699

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Yeah... I'm pretty sure that's a bootleg. Just like Kouen said, the only thing you can do now is hope that the seller is nice enough to give you a replacement. The problem at the cartridge might be from anything, since it's a bootleg, so there's no fixing option.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I do notice that on the M5M51008DFP chip 2 of the contacts are bridged since its dead anyways try removing that blob of solder and see if it works then

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, even back when GBA was the current system, it was something like 90% bootlegs on Ebay.

skrble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It was my foolishness... If I looked for more than a low prize (as I am not located in US or another big country, is delivery fee important for me), I would not choose this Hong-kong seller. Next time it will be EUR-US seller only, someone which can provide trustworthy cartridge pictures, profile with good reference and warranty that the goods is original only (unoriginal only if listed or so). Faults teaching, finally 20$ is still okey, could be worse :)

Do you think that carefully cut-off with sharp knife could help? If I made you laugh... :D I really dont know how else.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was my foolishness... If I looked for more than a low prize (as I am not located in US or another big country, is delivery fee important for me), I would not choose this Hong-kong seller. Next time it will be EUR-US seller only, someone which can provide trustworthy cartridge pictures, profile with good reference and warranty that the goods is original only (unoriginal only if listed or so). Faults teaching, finally 20$ is still okey, could be worse :)

Do you think that carefully cut-off with sharp knife could help? If I made you laugh... :D I really dont know how else.

I don't think thats even possible.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Yea a sharp knife should do it just be careful not to break a trace or cut yourself but making sure there is a clear gap between the pins there may fix it and hell at this point you got little to lose :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: