Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Oh
blink.gif
In this case that's even worse because if it's not coming from our computers, that's a lottery and anyone can get a bad unit
unsure.gif

offtopic- i love your avatar.

lol me too, can't stop staring at it
laugh.gif

squall3031

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
man, after reading your posts, i'm in doubt whether i should get G6 lite or not (the english ver. i mean).....sigh...im ready to pre-order it from realhotstuff.com too....

so what do you think guys? should i go ahead and get it? the problem is, it's not me who's paying for it, it's my friend and he wants it. Im just doing the transaction for him.....>

daty2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
man, after reading your posts, i'm in doubt whether i should get G6 lite or not (the english ver. i mean).....sigh...im ready to pre-order it from realhotstuff.com too....

so what do you think guys? should i go ahead and get it? the problem is, it's not me who's paying for it, it's my friend and he wants it. Im just doing the transaction for him.....>

E

exile

I know this sounds simple, and I assume you guys are doing it (I hope), but figured I would ask anyway... you are remembering to eject the card properly from the USB using the manager and waiting for it to say that it is okay to disconnect correct?

I just have a feeling that it is not the cards themselves (it is only flash memory after all and any corruption that does exist should be taken care of with a format and not come back I would assume). There has to be something in common with the order you guys may be doing something or something on your machines that is interferring. I don't know, just my belief. I suppose they could just be bunk cards, but seems weird.

weebull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
exile of course im using safely remove, I never took the device out without using it actually
smile.gif

Im open to all questions and suggestions tough since DHL asked me about 100 euros to send the packet back, meaning that im practically stuck with this unit.

evilreddot

Trophies
Website
www.xanga.com
XP
Country
Canada
I always safely remove it, and I just got the black screen of death again.

Goddammit.

Edit: Maybe (this is a long shot though) it has to do with that fact that I'm using my USB extender to move games on to my cart. I'm thinking that because I can't move things on to my mp3 if I plug in the USB cord to the extender, but I have to directly connect it.

This is what I'm getting
yaynds.gif

g6litexm1.jpg

I just noticed that the blue LED light deosn't turn on, even though the computer detects it.

Edit 2: After jiggling the cart in the USB a bit, the light came on and the game roster was visible again! Then I started to play Brain Age then...it froze. I restarted the DS lite and once again, black screen.

Seriously, goddammit.

Edit 3: Mine's a test unit with 4.1c firmware installed, if you wanted to know.

Edit 4: Now it freezes randomly, regardless of game and Animal Crossing won't load.

weebull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the impression I got from my cart is that it corrupts the contents during DS use and not during the copy process. I've done many tests with Tetris and they all gave the same result: I start playing and the game would freeze either at save time or during normal read time. At that point I have to switch the DS off and format the cart in order to make it readable.
This behaviour is compatible with the hard time I had to install any kind of up/downgrade since it seems that the flashing process is particularly prone to crash+corrupt on my cart.

evilreddot

Trophies
Website
www.xanga.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think my cart may have gotten damaged because I used insert it into the USB thing pretty firmly, but now when I do that it doesn't work, I have to slide it out about a millimetre.

Edit: I'm suspecting the battery in the cart is defective because the LED goes on and off randomly (even if I'm not moving any files) when it's plugged in.

evilreddot

Trophies
Website
www.xanga.com
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know how many volts the built-in battery is supposed to be? My battery shows 3.2 volts, anyone else?

Edit: Every game but Animal Crossing works (when there isn't a black screen). It just shows the loading clock thing and the green bar spins aroud and fills the clock, then nothing happens.

weebull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you think I should go straight to g6 or nag the shop (Hopebuy)?

Let me know what they tell you evilreddot

PS keep on rolling
biggrin.gif

klonoakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm.. i cant seem to update to 4.1c

it gives me a 1 and a 7 at weird spots...

i tried formatting in fat16 still the same

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica