Hacking Broken g6 lite? Please help me

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Do all the people that are having problems have the trial version of the G6L? If so, there's hope that the final retail version is more stable.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for the suggestion earlier. If the g6lite is anything like the g6, it is extremely finicky about removal of the usb burner/g6 lite device without the safety removal from windows or if that doesn't work, @ least eject the drive. I use to get corrupt formats everytime I took it out because I assumed when it's not writing, it'd be ok (wrong). So if you guys having touble haven't tried it yet, use the mptutil and do a low level format via the readme instructions for the settings, then you will need to safely remove the device because it won't recognize a valid format anymore immediately after, plug the device back in and you will have a clean slate. Make sure you put the games on the device with clean roms with the g6 burner or drag the loader updates onto your card and then safely remove the device and try it in your ds. If you still have problems, contact Danny @ g6 or your reseller, they should be good about replacing these things. But honestly try to do those steps first, they are not obvious to new g6 users.

daty2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm all for the suggestion earlier. If the g6lite is anything like the g6, it is extremely finicky about removal of the usb burner/g6 lite device without the safety removal from windows or if that doesn't work, @ least eject the drive. I use to get corrupt formats everytime I took it out because I assumed when it's not writing, it'd be ok (wrong). So if you guys having touble haven't tried it yet, use the mptutil and do a low level format via the readme instructions for the settings, then you will need to safely remove the device because it won't recognize a valid format anymore immediately after, plug the device back in and you will have a clean slate. Make sure you put the games on the device with clean roms with the g6 burner or drag the loader updates onto your card and then safely remove the device and try it in your ds. If you still have problems, contact Danny @ g6 or your reseller, they should be good about replacing these things. But honestly try to do those steps first, they are not obvious to new g6 users.

I always used safety removal. I tried a few time to reformat using maintenance utility but it doesn't change anything. I can't even update after I put the card back to a clean state :'( I don't think I did anything wrong because I read all the readme files on the cd before doing anything since this is my first ds card.

I got a trial version but I think someone's experiencing the same problems with a retail version (he got all color cases).

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is possible of course you guys may have received faulty carts....but contacting g6 or the reseller will take care of the problem. I hope for the g6lite users this isn't wide spread because I've always wondered how they cut down cost so much from the original g6 and can only come up with cheaper manufacturing/sourcing of materials and components. I hope this change in production does not affect the great quality normal G6 users enjoy....I think I will wait for the g6 lite to settle down a bit first before buying another 2 and hopefully by then time I want to buy, they may offer a 8 gigbit version.

weebull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do all the people that are having problems have the trial version of the G6L? If so, there's hope that the final retail version is more stable.

I have a Chinese retail and it seems another guy that bought it in the same shop as me has the exact same problem. A minute or two of gameplay and then boom, whole card gone.

EDIT

Hopebuy

klonoakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
all the past updates were fine, i got the trial
i hope the next update doesnt make me feel screwed

Is it just me.. or does the 4.1c loader still marks my ds as a 4.1a in the "about"

thing is.. i updated it and i am playing mario basket

my ds is still 4.1a it says O.O

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I formatted my card now and also run scandisk, it reports no errors.

So i will put my roms back on the g6 lite again, and yes, the latest firmware is 4.1a, in the 4.1c package only the pc program is updated.

I'm receiving 10pcs of the g6 lite chinese final version this week, will let you know if they all work
tongue.gif

TM_Sephiroth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm worried too!
G6 Lite it's perfect for me!
But, I'm worried about this "corruption problem" now...(it seems to be common...)

How many people already got this problem?

(I will buy G6 Lite - English version...)

Thanks,
TM_Sephiroth

evilreddot

Trophies
Website
www.xanga.com
XP
Country
Canada
After e-mailing Danny (I`d put that in quotes, but I can`t find the quote keys on this crazy French-Montréal keyboard) and all I got was this:
QUOTE said:
Hi ,

It is not proper .

Due to we have not your G6 Lite , we can't test it .

We don't know why it wouldn't work .

If you doubt your G6 is damage now , you may following instructions... low level format your G6  by our Maintenance utility  .

Please down load here .

http://www.handheldsources.com/Download%20...ftware%203.html

And then format your G6 Lite by FAT16 on your PC & test it again

We have not released the english version of G6 in the moment .

Your G6 Lite is chinese version , you need to update your G6 by chinese firmware .

It is no way to update your G6 by english firmware .

Regards

Danny

It seems that they think it`s impossible to break the G6 and it`s impossible to update it with English firmware (yet they release English firmware...hmm...) and they ignored me when I said that I`ve formatted it a few times now.

Edit: found the quote key. It was above the 2 key. Weird and the apostrophes are backwards...off topic, sorry.

ghost99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Danny's instructions seem a bit strange? I downgraded my (retail chinese)firmware to the beta version and noticed my games weren't saving so I decided to go back to 4.1a. I also ended up getting the 1 and 7 when I tried to update. What I did was format the card *first* (FAT) and then use the MP Utility. These were the instructions on the CD. Also after running the MP Utility don't forget to put the 2 files to your card needed to update the firmware. The problem of the 1 and 7 went away and now my games are saving again.

evilreddot

Trophies
Website
www.xanga.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, well mine is different because even when I do that, the little numbers show up and it freezes.

Does anyone know the address of gamersection.ca? I want to get my G6 lite exchanged, and I don't want to waste my money on mailing it to a P.O. box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1