Hacking Broken g6 lite? Please help me

weebull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I've received my g6l just yesterday and been having problems since then. The first issue I had was on Tetris DS, after completing my first game, at the moment of saving the score I got a black screen. Only thing that worked was re-starting the DS. At that point all the games were broken and I had to reformat and reinstall all.
The process was repeated with NSMB, same exact issue however it should be noted that the 2nd time round tetris DS saved fine and I managed past the "game over" screen. I also had Brain Age seemingly work and save fine.
However games like Bust a move and SMB still freeze+corrupt my card.
Then things got worse. Each time I got the corruption problem I had to reformat and re-install the loader. It worked fine the first couple of times but now I'm having something like 1 successfull flash each 20ish attempts. Most of the time when I press "yes" at the confirmation after green text I get two green "1" and it just sits then. Other attempts it copies till 30 then crashed...Some times it worked.

Does anyone have an idea of what im doing wrong?

evilreddot

Trophies
Website
www.xanga.com
XP
Country
Canada
That just happened to me too. It's the second time that my cart got corrupted. I was playing Rub Rabbits and suddenly, I got a black screen. I restarted the DS and started playing again. After about 5 minutes, I got a black screen again. So I restarted my DS (again) and when it came up to the game roster menu...it was just a black screen.

I'm getting REALLY tired of this.

Edit: After plugging the cart into the USB, I couldn't access it, so I unplugged and plugged it in, and there it was. The game magically appeared out of nowhere.

Edit 2: Christ. The black screen appears after the game I was playing (Rub Rabbits) froze. I think it might be the game itself...or I dunno. But anyone got a solution?

weebull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey... how do you manage to start the g6 again? do you reformat and reinstall the loader?
My main issue at the moment is that I cant seem to reflash it :\

time-warp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am having the same problems. After a difficult level in Sudoku Grindmaster, as SOON as I got the very last number, the game locked up and I had to turn off the NDSL.

When I turned it on, the games would load one third of the green progress indicator then stop. Again I'd have to restart.

After pulling out the Passcard and Plugging everything back in it seemed to have fixed it. Very dodgy. FYI I have a the Chinese version my friend picked up in Hong Kong a few weeks ago.

Firmware releases seem strange, think I might ditch this card if the Ninjaflash is any good.

Any advice on a fix for the random freezes would be great! Thanks!

daty2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I got these problems too. I've never experienced a freeze in game but almost every time i plug the card in my PC to add a game, the files get corrupt. The only solution is to backup saves (if possible
unsure.gif
) and then format the card.

About reinstalling the loader, I've never been able to install a loader (except the one on the installation cd). I tried everything, english or chinese. When I select 'yes', i get a green '1' and a '7' and that's it, nothing else happens...

I'm kinda disapointed, I tried to plug the card with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Linux: same results.
cry.gif

weebull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
daty are you saying that you get the 1 & 7 with all firmwares but you can install the one on the CD fine?

I get 1 & 1 when trying to update btw

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
format the g6 lite as FAT, then put the latest update file onto it and start your ds.
Go into GBA mode and hold abxy+select&start, now it will update to the latest firmware.

I never had any of the problems you are talking about
blink.gif

daty2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
daty are you saying that you get the 1 & 7 with all firmwares but you can install the one on the CD fine?

I get 1 & 1 when trying to update btw

Yes, but I guess I can install the one from the cd because it is already installed... I don't know :/

QUOTEformat the g6 lite as FAT, then put the latest update file onto it and start your ds.
Go into GBA mode and hold abxy+select&start, now it will update to the latest firmware.

I never had any of the problems you are talking about

lol sorry but that's what we're doing. I can read instructions you know
wink.gif

lars

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had the same problems with EZ Flash and GBA.

Seems so be a problem with your USB Drivers.

Does your mainboard have VIA Chipsets? If so, try to install the USB FILTER.
(small driver, use google).

Worked fine for me.

daty2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
My mainboard has an Intel chipset. I have the same problem when using my laptop but it has an Intel chipset as well
laugh.gif

Maybe I should try it on another comp...

weebull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after countless low& normal formats I managed to get the loader back on the cart and get to the main loader menu. However I'm having major problems while playing, games keep crashing forcing me to format and go again.

I guess I'll have to return this :|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte