Bringing your DS to work/school

Do you bring your DS to work or school, and if so, how often do you play it?

• Bring it, and play it at every possible moment.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bring it, but play only during breaks.

• Bring it just for reassurance.

• Leave it at home.

• Don't have a DS.

• Total voters

KizunaIatari

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My school has a policy. No electronics. Do I care? Why should I? I either play it out in the open, or when the situation does not allow, put my bookbag on the floor to the side of me, and play in my bookbag. If the teacher asks, I'm looking for class materials. Its funny how they don't find it suspicious that I'm searching for crap in my bookbag for the enitre class.
ph34r.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i cant stand the look/what people think when they see me as a 24yr old playing 8bit castlevania. (no one knows what castlevania is anyway, or even DS, but they know its game and games are for childS)

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I bring my DS everywhere! To the mall, to my friends, to school....anywhere! Usually, I play it during lunch after eating, or during Health, since our teacher just told us to "make sure our boyfriends use a condom" and that was the entire semester rolled up into a day. -__-'

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I play it while driving! Oh wait, not anymore =P

I do bring it with me to work and school, play it in my down time. (my whole school is rigged up with WiFi =D

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Somehow, the society in my country still considers gaming as something unusual (that's changing with the globalisation, thankfully). While playing games on a mobile phone (which is what I do, though they are really lame) is completely acceptable, gaming while in school is still considered a bit geekish/nerdish/girly/obsessive (though, I've already seen people play - mainly girls). But that's not the main reason - I also don't have much time on my hands while in school.

But I do take it on the school trips.
wink.gif

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always bring my DS to art class, because the teacher doesn't even seem to notice what's going on around him. But now the school's got the wireless internet blocked from anything but a school computer because a couple kids were using their PSPs on the school's internet.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country

DarkAura

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I always bring my DS to art class, because the teacher doesn't even seem to notice what's going on around him. But now the school's got the wireless internet blocked from anything but a school computer because a couple kids were using their PSPs on the school's internet.

Lawl! Doesn't your school have protection?
biggrin.gif

I didn't think about using the internet with my DS yet. Hmm....

I leave it at home because it would get stolen in my school oterwise.. My school is gangsta, yo!

What kinda school do you go to?
wtf.gif

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

biggrin.gif

I leave it at home because it would get stolen in my school oterwise.. My school is gangsta, yo!

wtf.gif

The kind of school that has 6 white guys. I wish I was exaggerating. Everyone is either african, african american, asian, hispanic, or middle eastern. I mean, the minority being the majority thing is pretty cool, no one stands out at my school. But with immigrants comes poor neighborhoods, and with poor neighborhoods comes the ghetto. There's really not a place to go without getting your stuff stolen. I though that every school was like that until 8th grade, when I took a visit to the north side of houston
ohmy.gif

Back on topic: I bring my DS to school and play it all the time, the teachers never pay attention to the asian kid sitting in the corner
biggrin.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

biggrin.gif

wtf.gif

The kind of school that has 6 white guys. I wish I was exaggerating. Everyone is either african, african american, asian, hispanic, or middle eastern. I mean, the minority being the majority thing is pretty cool, no one stands out at my school. But with immigrants comes poor neighborhoods, and with poor neighborhoods comes the ghetto. There's really not a place to go without getting your stuff stolen. I though that every school was like that until 8th grade, when I took a visit to the north side of houston
ohmy.gif

Back on topic: I bring my DS to school and play it all the time, the teachers never pay attention to the asian kid sitting in the corner
biggrin.gif

rofl2.gif
Nice!

~Nero

DarkAura

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lawl, my school has like 10 white kids total. The rest are all asians. Maybe some african american or indian, but mainly asians. Nothing is stolen at my school though, so I bring it.
biggrin.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, my school is exactly the same. Everyone is either hispanic or asian. But it's alright though, asian guys are the cutest ___>

My mom thinks I'm gonna get my DS stolen one of these days. That's why I usually take my boyfriends old DS Phat to school.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
My DS can connect to Wi-Fi at school...but I don't bring it.

Why?
1. A chance of getting it stolen.
2. A chance of getting it taken up.

If I do bring it, it stays in my brothers car so I can play it on the short way home.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My DS can connect to Wi-Fi at school...but I don't bring it.

Why?
1. A chance of getting it stolen.
2. A chance of getting it taken up.

If I do bring it, it stays in my brothers car so I can play it on the short way home.

1. Solution) Put it in your pocket.
2. Solution) Play it during breaks?

~Nero

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Nowdays I don't bring it anymore, but I used to bring it to classes and play every moment I could.

I find it weird that a certain teacher would always be annoyed at the fact that I played games while his class, but he didn't care about the noisy people who can't stop chatting and make it difficult to focus on the actual study... Because I still heard him and replied when asked, I didn't use any headphones at class, so it wasn't that I wasn't paying attention to it (used to play Picross and other games that don't require much mind into it, anyways).

Limited people.
Yo, yeah yeah... same here.

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users