Hacking Brightness Change on a Phat DS

fuuuuuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi im to start im really dam sorry for asking this question as its probably been asked and answered amillions times but my brain just cant for some love of poor jesus get around the random comprehensive search results.
Anyway the question is .How can you change the brightness levels on the old fat Ds? ive read alsorts about flashme this flashme that and its all pretty confusing as im new to the scene, just got an m3 simply today just waiting on a microSD card to come now.

Anyhow thanks for any and all replys n such.
biggrin.gif

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
You can't unless your DS is one of the rare European models. I was lucky to get my hands on one of those when my brother asked me to flash a unit of his friend's ... They're rare as heck, though.

fuuuuuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh dam really? umm how do i go about checking this rare version? i did buy it a fair fair while ago now.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
To check yo firmware, insert your legit DS card into the DS. Boot up pictochat and go to room A. Remove the DS card, and a color will come onto the screen. There are different colors for every firmware...ndshb.com has some info about it. Look around it.
biggrin.gif

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah I heard of that but I didnt know it was for the FIRMWARE but anyway why is my screen PURPLE what firmware do I have or my color is messed up?

If you take a look at the website posted above and looked at the list, you would know that you have a DS Lite.

(the DS Lite currently has only 1 firmware version, the IQueDS only has 1 firmware version, and the phat ds/flashme have multiple versions)

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats impossible I have a regular DS but when I test the FIRMWARE the screen is purple

Oh yeah I heard of that but I didnt know it was for the FIRMWARE but anyway why is my screen PURPLE what firmware do I have or my color is messed up?

If you take a look at the website posted above and looked at the list, you would know that you have a DS Lite.

(the DS Lite currently has only 1 firmware version, the IQueDS only has 1 firmware version, and the phat ds/flashme have multiple versions)

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

QUOTE(NDSHB.COM (Firmware Found by MaHe))
This is a way to check your firmware version, found by MaHe from GBADEV Forum:

Instructions:

* 1. Insert a DS or GBA game in its slot.
  * 2. Turn on your DS (hold Select + Start if your DS is configured to auto-start the game)
  * 3. Start Pictochat, and go to Room A.
  * 4. Now remove the game (don't worry, this doesn't harm the game).
  * 5. Both screens should turn the same color:

* FW1: DS will freeze, when you remove the cart
  * FW2: Grayish Blue
  * FW3: Dark Green
  * FW4: Yellow
  * FW5: Magenta
  * FW6: Blue
  * iQue FW: Dark Green
  * DSLite FW: Purple
  * FlashME (all versions): Dark Green

So if your DS has yellow, magenta, blue or purple screens when you perform this test, (or you have an iQueDS) then you need a PassMe2, otherwise PassMe or WifiMe will work fine. NoPasses work fine with any DS.

Oh my.....I didn't know but....How? If I have a regular DS SILVER (PHAT VERSION)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1