Hacking Bricked?

TweakedEh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed Patched IOS 60 on my 4.0U wii, then I couldn't get into the system menu... not thinking I went back into wadmanager and uninstalled it. now I cant even get preloader to open... I get a blackscreen when I try to turn on my wii.

Any hope for me?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TweakedEh said:
I installed Patched IOS 60 on my 4.0U wii, then I couldn't get into the system menu... not thinking I went back into wadmanager and uninstalled it. now I cant even get preloader to open... I get a blackscreen when I try to turn on my wii.

Any hope for me?
Ask DeadlyFoez to fix it for you. Either that or send it to Nintendo.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
first I'm assuming you don't have bootmii, and that you held the reset button when turning on the wii (which loads priiloader/preloader)

Also, this may not be the first thing you would want to try, but you could look in to savemiifrii and use it with the new super Mario bros Wii (or any other game with Wii update higher than 4.0)
but you might want to wait for other reply's before trying that, as it involves opening up a Gamecube controller

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
first I'm assuming you don't have bootmii, and that you held the reset button when turning on the wii (which loads priiloader/preloader)

Also, this may not be the first thing you would want to try, but you could look in to savemiifrii and use it with the new super Mario bros Wii (or any other game with Wii update higher than 4.0)
but you might want to wait for other reply's before trying that, as it involves opening up a Gamecube controller
1. You can do it with the D-pad intact on an official GCN controller by pressing the center of the pad firmly.
2. Doesn't matter because this requires the System Menu IOS (hint: IOS60) to work.

DeadlyFoez knows more about fixing no-protection bricks like this. In fact, I think he had a guide up but blanked it a few hours ago out of anger.

TweakedEh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bootmii as ios, tried the reset, nothing happens... it's a black screen...
I will try savemiifrii as a gamecube controller is cheaper then a new wii.
Anyone know of a game that has the 4.1 FW? I don't really want 4.2 but I will do it if need be.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TweakedEh said:
bootmii as ios, tried the reset, nothing happens... it's a black screen...
I will try savemiifrii as a gamecube controller is cheaper then a new wii.
Anyone know of a game that has the 4.1 FW? I don't really want 4.2 but I will do it if need be.

Don't bother. Without a System Menu IOS, you're fucked. Savemiifrii won't work if no code can even run. Contact Nintendo or Deadlyfoez. NEVER uninstall any IOS below 200 unless you know what you're doing.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok wait. Do you got a NAND BACKUP? If you got your nand ID and nand backup it is reprogramable. If you dont have, you are screwed because you cant get your keys in a bricked state unless you had bootmii as boot 2.

btw after you installed patched 60, perhaps preloader wasnt set to autoboot sys menu and to use ios 60.
and because you went UNinstalling it, means no system menu means no preloader means brick.

I hope you got the nand keys and a nand backup.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry but youre bricked

Now what really bugs me is why did you uninstall the sm ios.
There was a huge wave of People doing that some months ago,
but I never understood why.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.