bricked wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Metalclay, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Metalclay
    OP

Metalclay Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Hi, I started installing some homebrew on my wii.

I installed the homebrew channel via twilight hack with great success. I also managed to get some vc wads on their. I read on more about wads and was curious to see what I can do with them. I got an snes9x wad from a mediafire site after. installed it and worked fine. turned off wii and turned back on a day later and it worked fine as well.

The day after, my niece came over and knocked over my wii from a height of about four feet. I thought nothing of it, my wii has seen worse. But the next day, I turn on my wii and can't even get the health warning screen.

What's curious is, I can't even get my wii to sync with my wii even after pressing both sync buttons and what not. Another thing that's odd is that, when I turn on my wii I get this wave of colored distortion or rather, "snow" in one sweep, then it goes black. I noticed I used to get that every time I exited the snes9x wad channel. Meaning, I'm pretty damn sure it was that, since that's the only odd wad I have the other two are just vc channels I got from torrents.

What puzzles me is that...the wii was working prior to being knocked down by my niece, so...why mess up now? don't think a little four foot fall is capable of so much trouble. Also...my wii mote won't sync, which is odd.

My wii will take discs though, and I did try the automatic boot off zelda (3.3u) since my wii does have the twilight hack still in it, but...no dice. I thought maybe it was my mod chip, but after uninstalling my wiikey, I still can't even get to the health screen (obviously not my chip then). My wii sounds like it works though. For example, when I load a disc, it spins it, load up (then you hear the heavy spinning) and then goes off into a mild spin state (meaning...for my wii at least, it's at the "dashboard") I just can't see anything.

So...the only thing I can think of is that that drop by my niece may have messed some a/v part of my wii because...everything works fine. my wiimote not being able to sync also confuses me since, I may be ignorant, but...can a bad wad even affect the synchronosity between wii and wiimote? I know it's not my wiimote since it syncs perfectly well with my blue tooth adapter on my pc.

any help or insight is appreciated. I know I'm definitely going have to send it in for repairs, kinda sucks since I'll be sending in a perfectly working dms chipset I've had for quite some time now and getting in return, probably, a d2c which will require a new modchip and some time soldering, oh well [​IMG]

protip: don't install random wads.

2. Livin in a box

Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

Jul 18, 2008
    Purgatory
    It sounds more like a motherboard failure. A bad WAD, AFaiK, doesn't stop the synchronization between the Wii and the Remote. But, then again, the disc does run fine. If the autoboot Zelda doesn't work, then I don't think that you've got much choice but to send it back to Nintendo. Just make sure you take the chip out first, otherwise it was a waste of money buying it. I don't think it could be Snes9X. If it was fine before, then it would still be fine. But then again, the Health and Safety screen does pop-up...Gah, you'll just have to send it back and say that it was dropped or something.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice