Hacking bricked wii?

violetblue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a wii with 4.3u and installed the latest cios / priiloader with password protect on priiloader only / and autoboot to usb loader gx in a loop.
basically with it turned on your only option is to usb loader gx and nothing else unless if you entered priiloader, input password, and then choose your destination.
problem is someone reprogrammed the only remote to that wii to another wii and now i can't reprogram it back in usb loader gx or priiloader.
another problem is that i didn't realize the new wii's didn't have game cube ports so now i can't use the game cube controller to input the password and go to hb or sysmenu to re sync the wiimote.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A solution could be to solder a gamecube port on the mobo so that a gamecube controller could be connected again.
You will need to desolder the connector from a defective wii mobo, Maybe one of the forum members has a spare connector he is willing to donate.

I am unsure if Nintendo just removed the connectors. Deadly Foez was going to give it a try to resolder the connectors.

Maybe there is a software solution as well. Right now, I can't think of any software only solution.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you copy the usbloader to your nand with priiloader? or did you install a forwarder dol? if you used a forwarder dol, then you can replace the usbloader on your sd card with a different dol that will autoboot a game and then you can sync the wiimote.

violetblue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually giantpune was on target. i replaced the boot.dol in the usb loader gx folder on the hdd with a dol that takes you to the system menu and it worked just fine.
i was able to sync my wiimote from there and then undo the autoboot. thanks!

also people should be mindful about this considering the new wii's don't have game cube controllers.

violetblue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would be a good way to make addon for future users.
just wondering if there is a chipset to those gamecube ports that they may have left off on the motherboard?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't think they left a chipset off. Sometimes, there are small rfi suppression ferrites and capacitors. They could have left those off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30