Hacking Bricked Wii :(

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well as title says i have a bricked wii and i made a stupid mistake.
Ok i do have bootmii no Nand backup though and i dont have preloader

This is what happened.
For a week now i wanted to downgrade my wii to play a custom game (guitar hero custom) and apperently i had to downgrade. So after research a NAND file couldt be put on my sd card. But since i had bootmii i tried this downgrader. It worked well until....Well the backup wasnt working then my PES backup wasnt working which worked before. Then i was like WTF? so i popped in conduit it said "it needs a system update" and im like ok..... so i updated knowing that the custom guitar hero game was fail. But then at the end of updating i remembered that if you downgrade then update your wii it will be rbicked.

Now i have a brocked wii with bootmii no NAND file or preloader

HELP?

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you don't have a modchip i am pretty sure you are screwed=[was the conduit a original or did you get it off the net?if it wasn't a original you prob updated to the wrong region =[

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to wad manager from bootmii as long as it's boot 2 and installa new system menu wad. Install a patched ios 60 wad first if your installing 4.0 an above. If the bootmii you have is installed as ios yes yupu are screwed

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
he could use cboot2 to replace his bootmii files, so it would load the Wad Manager and install hmm conduit has a 3.4 update so installing a good IOS50 should fix you up, sense 3.4 uses IOS50, i think he had a stubed IOS50 installed which is way he bricked in the first place
Good Luck

edit: only if bootmii is installed as boot2

editagain: sense you can get into HBC load Wad Manager and install IOS50 sense you're on 3.4

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
you have noone to blame but yourself. many people warned you that if you kept blindly installing things without actually knowing what you were doing (especially with no nand backup!) that you would end up with a brick, and here we are.

i have no sympathy

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well i have a game controller dont know if that can work and i do have wi-fi
but can someone send a a link to a guide about the wad manager thingy

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
0M39A said:
you have noone to blame but yourself. many people warned you that if you kept blindly installing things without actually knowing what you were doing (especially with no nand backup!) that you would end up with a brick, and here we are.

i have no sympathy
I do blame me and only me for this. People told me to get a NAND backup. But it didnt work but i hear that if i had BootMii as boot2 there was still a way to unbrick it

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't a guide I don't think. U can get system menu wads from nus downloader or the ultimate 4.0 offline pack and install it wad manager

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U cand get the pack from the ultimate 4.0 guide on gbatemp. Just use search ultate 4.0 guide and it's first one

Here is the link http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835 . Follow the directions to get the wads 4 the offile pack. Once u have all the wads install the in order and lastly do the system
menu wad. Make sure u get the wads for ur correct region please

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have bootmii installed as boot2 all you need is get to the bootmii menu and go to homebrew channel. From there use wad manager (search for wad manager 1.5 mod2 by wiininja so that you can use gamecube controller to install) and then follow the ultimate 4.0 upgrade here in gbatemp. Use the OFF-LINE method which relies solely on Wadmanager. Hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...