You mentioned that you cannot sync your controllers. I almost guarantee your Bluetooth/ Wi-Fi module has failed. If that module goes bad your Wii will no longer boot properly. Doesn't matter if your nand is working or not, it just will not boot. Me will work but it doesn't matter what nanji flash to it. If it's refusing to boot 99.9% of the time, I can guarantee your Bluetooth module has failed. I've got a whole stack of switches sitting in my garage. That's all bad. Bluetooth modules most of the time. As long as your nand is good. Swapping the Bluetooth module with a working module can bring it back to life.
Thank you, I already did it. Dolphin gives me mistakes and fix nand. That's why I'm trying to uunderstand if there is a way to use my early backup in IMG format.
Would a DVD drive failure stop the boot as well?
Anyway I have a working WII I don't care. I'll take both moduies (and drive?) and put into my boot2 wii. By exchanging the modules I should also be able to see if these were the problem, as after exchanging them I should have the other wii not booting anymore.
Thank you, I already did it. Dolphin gives me mistakes and fix nand. That's why I'm trying to uunderstand if there is a way to use my early backup in IMG format.
Post automatically merged:
Would a DVD drive failure stop the boot as well?
Anyway I have a working WII I don't care. I'll take both moduies (and drive?) and put into my boot2 wii. By exchanging the modules I should also be able to see if these were the problem, as after exchanging them I should have the other wii not booting anymore.
Disc Drive is not a requirement to boot the Wii, but having it plugged in is required for most games. If the disc drive at least powers, it's good enough for this.
Thank you, I already did it. Dolphin gives me mistakes and fix nand. That's why I'm trying to uunderstand if there is a way to use my early backup in IMG format.
Do you mean the "check NAND" option? That's normal, it also happens to me because I have priiloader I believe. That option should tell you the title that is giving problems.
Oh, and if you have the latest version of priiloader the emulator may refuse to launch the NAND too, in that case you can delete/replace it with Modmii's emuNAND editor.
I had a Boot2 Wii (still do somewhere) that for some very odd reason that I could not figure out, would simply refuse to boot. I would power it off one day and on the very next power up, I'd be greeted with a black screen. Similar to what you are experiencing. I would have to flash a NAND bump to bring it back to life or run the Wii formater. The best I could figure is that something was corrupting the NAND. I even loaded the original NAND dump back into it and started the mod from scratch and it still would do it.
I had a Boot2 Wii (still do somewhere) that for some very odd reason that I could not figure out, would simply refuse to boot. I would power it off one day and on the very next power up, I'd be greeted with a black screen. Similar to what you are experiencing. I would have to flash a NAND bump to bring it back to life or run the Wii formater. The best I could figure is that something was corrupting the NAND. I even loaded the original NAND dump back into it and started the mod from scratch and it still would do it.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...