Hacking Bricked Wii / Black Screen / Bootmii as Boot2

homigura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, i'm creating another thread because only 2 persons replied to my other one, and i have a little made 'progress' since... I think that more people will be able to help me if i explain the whole situation on a new thread. That being said, let's go to the problem.

My wii is bricked. It was working just fine, but i didn't use it since ~2011 .
I was trying to play Mario Power Tennis and i couldn't get it running, i googled it and saw somewhere that i should try to launch it with ios 222. As soon as i did it, the game didn't launch,gave me a black screen, i turned it off and then,since this, the console gives me a black screen when i turn it on.

Notes:
-> The cables are working just fine.

-> It's not a Bluetooth problem . I can still use my wiimote to turn it on, but it won't connect to the console.
-> Wii's DVD reader is not working at all. Had this problem some time ago, but didn't manage to fix it, therefore i've been using USB LOADER GX to play backups.
-> I DON'T have a Nand Backup from before the wii bricked. Only a Nand backup that was generated AFTER the wii bricked.

Things i have tried:
- Removing all cables from wii and from power plug for 5/10/120 minutes. Didn't work.
- Tried checking if i have priiloader installed doing the reset button press. I don't.
- I know i have bootMii as boot2 , i went to ModMii and generated some files, i can access bootmii.
--When i try to select "Wii Menu" from it, black screen.
---When i try to select "Homebrew Channel" from it, black screen.

-I tried selecting the third option in Bootmii (the SD CARD icon) , and booting "bootmini.elf" . Didn't work,all i got was a greenish screen.
10918793_10202479250540806_1249892151_o.jpg

-Tried to use this tutorial : , did not work. As soon as the wii boots up, i get this error : ( " cboot2 dol loader v16 Ios version 2 v16 0x00020010 failed to load ios " )
10913723_10202477580579058_685300121_n.jpg

-I'm trying to use ohneschwanzenegger to format my nand backup (the one after the brick) and restoring it on Wii. but I get this error : "Dump is for another Wii" , and if i press Power/Reset/Eject, it says "Try harder, Hashimoto-san!".

-- AFAIK , i would need an GC Controller to 'force' it to restore the new 'virgin' NAND ,doing the KONAMI code thing . I don't have any,and it's kinda difficult to get one here where i live.

Well, that's pretty much it. I'm trying all ways to fix this as soon as possible. I DON'T MIND ABOUT GETTING EVERYTHING EXCLUDED (saves/wads/etc.) As long as i manage to get it working.
I'm only trying to revive that particular Wii because i'm going to lend it to my girlfriend, and she was very excited about it.

PS :
-From what i read, another solution would be getting HBC to work (either repairing or reinstalling it), then i would be able to fix my problem.

-Someone also told me that my BootMii is 'outdated' , and that could be a problem ... Any way to update it without HBC? Remember i only have Access to BootMii , no HBC or Wii Menu.

Well,that's pretty much it. I'm willing to do mostly anything, since this wii has no use now. Just want to get it working.
Feel free to ask anything, to ask me to do tests, etc.

Thanks in advance GBATEMP, happy new year.:toot:

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could try creating a brand new nand instaed of formatting the old one, use wii flash toolz v.03 to extract the boot blocks from your existing nand dump, save them as boot.bin. Then using ohneschwarzeneggerselect new nand and enter your keys.bin and the boot.bin you just made, then set the destination for your file and name it nand.bin (save somewhere different so you dont overwrite your real nand dump) if you have bad blocks you need to enter the numbers in the box and then click ok. that should create a new nand for you. You may need to then add all the ios, system menu etc to that nand. I am not saying this will work its just something else you can try to get a working and.bin you can then use with bootmii.As you have used your own boot blocks and keys.bin bootmii should let you write it to your nand.

If any one else who knows any more about this wants to contribute then they may be able to offer you more advice on doing it this way.

homigura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Then using ohneschwarzeneggerselect new nand and enter your keys.bin and the boot.bin you just made, then set the destination for your file and name it nand.bin
Hmm... Then I use this program and select my generated boot.bin as the nand file? Rename the newly generated boot.bin to nand.bin and use that inohneschwarzenegger?. Is that right?
You may need to then add all the ios, system menu etc to that nand.
how do I do that exactly?
Thanks once more

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm... Then I use this program and select my generated boot.bin as the nand file?

No... enter the boot.bin in the box where it says boot 1&2 in ohneschwarzenegger, after you click the new nand button. The boot.bin is ONLY the boot blocks of your nand. Using a combination of that and your keys.bin you can build a brand new nand, but it will be BLANK. Thats why you will have to add all the ios and system menu etc.

EDIT:
It must be possible to do this, but as i have failed to create a working nand, one that will extract with showmiiwads then i am afraid i cannot help you any further with this. Hopefully someone else who knows how to do this properly will come in here and help you further...

homigura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Using a combination of that and your keys.bin you can build a brand new nand, but it will be BLANK. Thats why you will have to add all the ios and system menu etc

How do I add those files? Which ones should I add?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
My first Wii bricked in the exact same way after launching a game with USB Loader GX. Unfortunately I didn't have bootmii installed in boot2 because the wii was too new for that. I never fixed the Wii. Hope you succeed, good luck.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do I add those files? Which ones should I add?

You can add them as wad files using ohneschwarzenegger or showmiiwads if you succeed in making a working nand, I now believe you need some other files from your real nand, although im not sure about which files exactly.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you cannot get this working, then i think you should maybe give DeadlyFoez a shout in this forum. He has a thread here about fixing bricked wiis. Im sure he could help you. I think he charges $30 fee and hes based in the US.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This should be as simple as loading bootmii, making a new nand backup. Open the nand.bin in ohneschwanzenegger , format the nand.bin, install system menu 4.3 (u,e,j,k), enter proper serial number. Then check nand.bin with nandbincheck nand.bin -all -v, make sure it is good. Then restore via bootmii. It should not give you an error as from another wii.

homigura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, problem fixed. Now i have a factory settings 4.1U Wii. I used what niikeymikey said , and it worked like a charm.

Reactions: 466

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2