Hacking Bricked Wii after following the Simplistic Mod

Melchizedek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damnit!

I had a 4.1U Wii, with a Wiikey, preloader, cIOS and everything... I wanted to upgrade to 4.2, so I followed the Simplistic Mod guide. I downloaded newmod.rar, officially updated to 4.2, and went into SD card menu. But then, it completely froze. I waited for 10 mins, but seeing that nothing happened, i unplugged the Wii and restarted it, but now my system is corrupted!

What can I do?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
system menu corrupted does not mean brick

dont panic, stay calm.

you got preloader installed still?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
not to but and im not dissing you in but just because its your guide doesnt mean be a prat, just simply help out, ive noticed youve said things like this to other users that had a prob when using your guide, but obviosly it was a user error

yeah but xzxero is right thats not a brick

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Why are there so many ppl who dont have 5min time left of their lives to backup their goddamned Nand WTF?

If Preloader is still accessible on startup(hold reset down until it shows up) you´re not doomed xD

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
I don't get it. The console froze after entering the SD Menu and now it doesn't boot? that doesn't make any sense.
it doesnt.
something else obviously happened thats he's not saying. i mean we know that bnnerbomb caused the wii to freeze, but tht has nothing to do with the menu corrupt error

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why do people unplug Wii's? It seems like such a terrible way to turn off a Wii and I've don't ever recall a situation where holding down the power button for 5 seconds doesn't turn off a Wii frozen or not.

Yyhhggtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo should make a boot2 patch that if it finds that the System Menu is corrupted, broken, deleted, anything, it'll download and reinstall the LATEST System Menu. Nintendo could actually provide some brick protection...

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Melchizedek said:
I'm telling you the truth... Maybe I should have held the Power button, but I didn't... Now, is there anything I can do?
i dont know, does the health and safety screen and press a screen show up still?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)