Hardware Bricked PAL Wii by brain academy

glenneaux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My PAL Wii got bricked by Big Brain Academy NTSC.

when i open my settings i was getting the cannot find US/ENG blah blah thing.

I've just updated with Boogie PAL and now when i go into settings I now get EN\EN\ENG blah blah whatever it is but still no settings.

Any tips? I cant update using the net cause i cant change the settings. This new 3.1 update, is it on any game yet?? Has anyone fixed their wii after this brick?

Remy669

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why didn't you just use brickblocker or download the Pal version?
The new update is probably with Metroid Prime 3 PAL. Or Super Mario Galaxy PAL.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can call yourself lucky that you didnt brick the whole wii, but only the settings menu.

the only thing you can do is wait for a pal game to come out with a new update, just try them all
biggrin.gif

glenneaux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why didn't you just use brickblocker or download the Pal version?
The new update is probably with Metroid Prime 3 PAL. Or Super Mario Galaxy PAL.

I did this ages ago, i dont think the brickblocker was happening back then.. But yeah i'm a silly boy it didnt even work
tongue.gif

you can call yourself lucky that you didnt brick the whole wii, but only the settings menu.

the only thing you can do is wait for a pal game to come out with a new update, just try them all
biggrin.gif

haha yeah thats what i thought but its still a pain. I want to get the bloody thing online but cant even get into the settings to do it!

But yeah, when is metroid prime due for a pal release? i gather super mario galaxy is still a long way off...

Jundeezy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In this case PAL is being used to refer to the region coding of a game.

Originally it was and still is a Television standard. (Mainly used in euro countries and places like Australia and NZ)

So, having a PAL Wii means that your Wii is from a different area?(euro countries, etc.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm so unexperienced.

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a USA Wii, So far I have only dloaded NTSC USA games, does this mean I should stear clear of PAL games?

And what is brick blocker? Strike that, I know "What" it is. But is it a firmware flash or how do you activate it?

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use a USA Wii, So far I have only dloaded NTSC USA games, does this mean I should stear clear of PAL games?

And what is brick blocker? Strike that, I know "What" it is. But is it a firmware flash or how do you activate it?

If you have the latest Wii firmware installed on your Wii from your region it shouldn't really matter which releases you use, however best to check on what people are saying about each game release.

Brickblocker is a program for your PC that lets edit Wii ISOs to remove the firmware update files, then you burn the ISO and play it on your Wii without having to update your Wii's firmware. However it doesn't always work on all releases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1