Homebrew Question Bricked My Switch Can Someone Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absintu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Doxing is not any better than what these guys did. I'd say you're asking for something worse to happen then the loss of a $300 investment. If the personal info did get out, and someone did something seriously stupid and lives were lost would you feel good about that? Would you sleep well?

I'd urge anyone with details pertaining to any potential crime report to the proper authorities, and not to an angry mob.
I would sleep well. When u go to war, u kill, but u also get killed

Absintu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
sooo why was it this time? just seems like pissed off entitled kids cant handle that they dont think before they act..
Cause they messed with lot of kids consoles and that is a very shitty thing to do. I'm against this with victims, not stupid ppl that ruin other ppl hardware. BTW: I was not affected by this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well as you said yourself, if you go to war, be prepared to get killed. If you are going to pirate, you HAVE to know that something can go wrong because... well... you're doing something wrong too?
Yeepp ppl should have made backups, it's their fault they didn't, but that isn't comparable to the thing those guys made

Reactions: Maximilious
D

Deleted User

Cause they messed with lot of kids consoles and that is a very shitty thing to do. I'm against this with victims, not stupid ppl that ruin other ppl hardware. BTW: I was not affected by this
and those kids were stupid for not taking the proper precautions, not the hackers fault kids cant follow simple directions~

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well those kids shouldnt even be doing this to their consoles??? They did something illegal, didnt take the right steps beforehand to make sure it was ok to continue, and got screwed over. They didnt make a backup and hacked their switch..... They didnt take any precautions when they were told to do so. They didnt prepare and look where that left them?

Yeepp ppl should have made backups, it's their fault they didn't, but that isn't comparable to the thing those guys made
If they made a backup this wouldnt be such a big problem for most of them....

Reactions: Deleted User

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Well those kids shouldnt even be doing this to their consoles??? They did something illegal, didnt take the right steps beforehand to make sure it was ok to continue, and got screwed over. They didnt make a backup and hacked their switch..... They didnt take any precautions when they were told to do so. They didnt prepare and look where that left them?
Dawg, who's the victim here : the person that got his switch bricked or the person that made the brick .nsp ? If you can answer the question you can determine whose fault it is.

Ka_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EXACTLY THIS!! They chose to hack it and run custom code... No one wants to make a damn nand backup anymore... Then they bitch when they cant fix their switch. They ran the code without a safety net and now they have to suffer for it.. Its sad, but its always been a part of the scene....

Bro, I understand your point. But what you and a few others are missing is the fact that this was not just some homebrew app or code, it was DISGUISED as a harmless game that would allow the user to preview something before release. The logic behind defending them is in a sense flawed in this situation.

Had the users bricked their switch during the hacking process or messing around inside the internals of their switch that is one thing, but someone intentionally creating something to destroy another user's console and DISGUISING it as harmless is an entirely different topic.

There should be no defense for those who set out with intentions to do harm to others. Again, who's fault is it if you go into a bar and you're under 21 and you get randomly attacked and killed by some drunk having a bad day who set out with the intentions of hurting someone? Then after you get killed the person goes and brags about it to his friends and family about how he planned the entire thing. Is it the fault of the person who was 18 and in a bar(a place where they don't belong) or is it the fault of the person who attacked them to begin with? You can't say the person who got attacked should have just wore armor lol

But either way, I myself learned a lesson and I'm sure many others did as well. A 300$ lesson and thousands of hours of gaming progress is what it cost us.

Just to clarify, I don't agree with what was done. But I do know that in the scene you can never be careful enough.

Agreed

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Bro, I understand your point. But what you and a few others are missing is the fact that this was not just some homebrew app or code, it was DISGUISED as a harmless game that would allow the user to preview something before release. The logic behind defending them is in a sense flawed in this situation.

Had the users bricked their switch during the hacking process or messing around inside the internals of their switch that is one thing, but someone intentionally creating something to destroy another user's console and DISGUISING it as harmless is an entirely different topic.

There should be no defense for those who set out with intentions to do harm to others. Again, who's fault is it if you go into a bar and you're under 21 and you get randomly attacked and killed by some drunk having a bad day who set out with the intentions of hurting someone? Then after you get killed the person goes and brags about it to his friends and family about how he planned the entire thing. Is it the fault of the person who was 18 and in a bar(a place where they don't belong) or is it the fault of the person who attacked them to begin with? You can't say the person who got attacked should have just wore armor lol

But either way, I myself learned a lesson and I'm sure many others did as well. A 300$ lesson and thousands of hours of gaming progress is what it cost us.

Agreed
A like is not enough to express how I totaly agree with this.

Reactions: elm and Ka_Ninja
D

Deleted User

Agreed
its amusing how pissed you are that your switch is being harmed, but its totally ok to steal from nintendo? "guys i tried to steal games and it backfired, im the victim here D:"

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, OG made some brick code, threw it into an NSP and said "anyone wanna post this on DU?" I did. It was funny. But you know what isn't funny? Having your switch permanently bricked because you forgot to make a nand backup. Yes part of it was my fault, and part of it was OG's fault, but you have to remember, none of you made a NAND backup. I don't care at this point if my credibility or my reputation goes down the drain, I just needed you to know the truth. Of course some of it was mine and OG's fault. But some of it was yours too.
Logic/10

Basically, Walther made some gunpowder, threw it into a gun and said "anyone wanna fire this in the street?" I did. It was funny. But you know what isn't funny? Having your family permanently killed because you forgot to wear kevlar. Yes part of it was my fault, and part of it was Walther's fault, but you have to remember, none of you wore kevlar. I don't care at this point if my credibility or my reputation goes down the drain, I just needed you to know the truth. Of course some of it was mine and Walther's fault. But some of it was yours too.

Ka_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its amusing how pissed you are that your switch is being harmed, but its totally ok to steal from nintendo? "guys i tried to steal games and it backfired, im the victim here D:"

Stealing is one thing, testing out something earlier than the intended release date is another. Not everyone has the ability to make it out to events to try out these games before buying them, and not everyone gets an early copy of a game and decides to not pay for the full version once its released.

You act like you've never downloaded a song off of the internet before or played the song on youtube instead of buying it from apple or google.

Reactions: Maximilious

Ka_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, what's the thing with comparing murder with bricked Switches?

Lol the switches affected DIED, did they not? Lmao

Death being "justified" because the consoles did not have armor/protection and even if they did the user would still end up with all saved data and playtime WIPED/ERASED. So it would still cause damage nonetheless

Last edited by Ka_Ninja,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i only do that in the mornings