Homebrew Bricked My 3DS?

Arcturia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am a noob when it comes to homebrew. Today I followed the guide to install boot9strap on my old 3DS XL, following 3ds.guide using the homebrew launcher. I am trying to install safehax (Step 3 on this page) when it asked me to confirm by pressing some buttons in a sequence. It then said that it has successfully installed safehax when the device turned off.

It never turns back on again. Whenever I try to power up, the blue light flashes for a second then fades away. There is no popping sound or backlight whatsoever. I try removing the SD card and booting while pressing L + R + Up + A, but it still does not power up. The device is also on the charger as well.

It is true that I bricked my 3DS? What are your opinions?

UPDATE: Sorry it's just my fault I did not read the last sentence that it's what supposed to do. Thank you for telling me!

Last edited by Arcturia,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am a noob when it comes to homebrew. Today I followed the guide to install boot9strap on my old 3DS XL, following 3ds.guide using the homebrew launcher. I am trying to install safehax (Step 3 on this page) when it asked me to confirm by pressing some buttons in a sequence. It then said that it has successfully installed safehax when the device turned off.

It never turns back on again. Whenever I try to power up, the blue light flashes for a second then fades away. There is no popping sound or backlight whatsoever. I try removing the SD card and booting while pressing L + R + Up + A, but it still does not power up. The device is also on the charger as well.

1 thats Boot9Strap.
2: it does that as it means its missing luma on teh SD Root as boot.firm
copy that from the luma zip onto the SD Card and it'll be fine.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

First, check to be sure boot.firm is on the root of your SD card. Not the boot9strap folder or anywhere else.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess you meant sighax and not safehax.
Maybe read the guide entirely?
Your device will boot into boot9strap, then shutdown automatically because it does not yet have a payload to launch

Arcturia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you meant sighax and not safehax.
Maybe read the guide entirely?

I am installing safehax according to 3ds.guide, not signhax.

1 thats Boot9Strap.
2: it does that as it means its missing luma on teh SD Root as boot.firm
copy that from the luma zip onto the SD Card and it'll be fine.

Thank you, I freaked out and totally did not pay attention to the very last sentence. Noob mistake!!

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am installing safehax according to 3ds.guide, not signhax.

Thank you, I freaked out and totally did not pay attention to the very last sentence. Noob mistake!!

no problem, but you Are installing Sighax(Signhax) Boot9Strap and Sighax are teh same , just boot9strap is more versatile and safer as updating doesn't mean constant replacement of Firm1/firm0. While the implementation of boot9strap is much like A9LH and can be swapped at will (like we did before a few days ago for CFW's under A9LH)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: OH FUQ! FUQ! FUQ! FUQ