Bricked My 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Arcturia, May 22, 2017.

1. Arcturia
    OP

Arcturia Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2017
    United States
    Hello, I am a noob when it comes to homebrew. Today I followed the guide to install boot9strap on my old 3DS XL, following 3ds.guide using the homebrew launcher. I am trying to install safehax (Step 3 on this page) when it asked me to confirm by pressing some buttons in a sequence. It then said that it has successfully installed safehax when the device turned off.

It never turns back on again. Whenever I try to power up, the blue light flashes for a second then fades away. There is no popping sound or backlight whatsoever. I try removing the SD card and booting while pressing L + R + Up + A, but it still does not power up. The device is also on the charger as well.

It is true that I bricked my 3DS? What are your opinions?

UPDATE: Sorry it's just my fault I did not read the last sentence that it's what supposed to do. Thank you for telling me!

Last edited by Arcturia, May 22, 2017
  2. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    1 thats Boot9Strap.
    2: it does that as it means its missing luma on teh SD Root as boot.firm
    copy that from the luma zip onto the SD Card and it'll be fine.

3. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    First, check to be sure boot.firm is on the root of your SD card. Not the boot9strap folder or anywhere else.

4. Redferne

Redferne GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2015
    I guess you meant sighax and not safehax.
    Maybe read the guide entirely?

5. Arcturia
    OP

Arcturia Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2017
    United States
    I am installing safehax according to 3ds.guide, not signhax.

Thank you, I freaked out and totally did not pay attention to the very last sentence. Noob mistake!!

6. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    no problem, but you Are installing Sighax(Signhax) Boot9Strap and Sighax are teh same , just boot9strap is more versatile and safer as updating doesn't mean constant replacement of Firm1/firm0. While the implementation of boot9strap is much like A9LH and can be swapped at will (like we did before a few days ago for CFW's under A9LH)

7. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Screenshot your sd card.