Hacking Bricked (mabey)

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I think I may have screwed myself. I updated to 4.0, installed preloader, and then realized I hadn't run the IOS60 patcher, so I tried to downgrade to 3.2 by installing IOS30-64-v1040.wad and SystemMenu-v289.wad, but it code dumped while installing the SystemMenu wad, but when I restarted the console preloader ran, but said it couldn't load the system menu. I loaded up hbc instead, and I remembered somebody saying if this happened you should try to reinstall preloader, so I did. No preloader boots, but it wont start the homebrew channel or the system menu, and if I install a dol and load it, it code dumps. Does anybody have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If there isn't anything I can do, can anybody think of any way to mess with it so it isn't so obviously hacked ( I mean the fact that it boots to preloader is fairly obvious).

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"if this happened you should try to reinstall preloader, so I did"

what you should have remembered is that they said reinstall the system menu using ARC 1.1b or 1.1bmod05a

anyways, if you can run preloader, you shouldn't be unable to load HBC, just do a full power cycle (unplug) and remove any usb/gc devices, and make sure your sd card is actually in your wii.

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
little off-topic:
i had the same... didnt install ios60... why is this bad? everything works ok for me :S
and does it really need to be installed BEFORE preloader 0.29?
or can i still install it now, if i like?

thnx for any enlightening awnser..

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shameless bump for awnser..
biggrin.gif

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marice said:
shameless bump for awnser..
biggrin.gif

look at the IOS FAQ posted today. IOS60 patching is needed to load custom channels/games (VC/Wiiware) from SD card. i think preloader is also supposed to do patching of ios60 in some way so i dont know if you still need to do it IF you have preloader installed. best way to find out is to try load some backup VC/Wiiware games from SD and see if it works...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: But I am playing with it. :D:rofl2::tpi::evil: