Hardware Bricked console.

Zanguetsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello people of the internet!
I need some help with my console, it doesn't turn on and has a blue screen with the text

"bootrom: 8046
errorcode: 00f800fe
00000000 00000000
00000400 00000000 "

Now, I did some research and I think it's bricked or something like that. My case is that I didn's use any flashcards or piracy devices, also I'm from Mexico and bougth the console in U.S. and nintendo said that I have to ship the console to U.S. and have a place (in the U.S.) where I can send it and recieve it and then ship it back to Mexico, the thing is that I think that the shipment will cost me the price of another console, so I want to know if there is some way to repair my console.

:sad:

I saw that I needed my NAND from the 3DS but that's imposible now that the console is bricked, and I really don't know what to do. Also if there is a way to repair it I will be very gratefull if someone could write it very detailed because I'm not a native english speaker.

:lol: :bow:

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to explain what happened before the brick, and what kind of stuff you did on your 3DS that could brick it.

Good luck

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
That looks to be the same error code displayed during the process of using a NAND mod. Aka, it shows that error when the 3DS can't access the NAND chip. (Which for NAND mods, is an error we want to see. :P )

Looks to me like the NAND chip simply died. A NAND mod won't fix this either even if you had a backup. While I did say this error would be "good for NAND modders", that's only because the error has to be artificially triggered during the process of allowing the PC to access the NAND. Flashing to/from NAND requires that we trigger that error you see. But the error is only temperary in our instance as it will go away the moment we disconnect the NAND mod adapter from the PC.

In your case however this occurred without any hardware or even software mods. It is highly unlikely for a 3DS to brick in this manner through normal use of Nintendo sanctioned software. (aka, you were not using a flashcart or other "unauthorized" device to alter the device beyond it's designed purpose).

Usually if bad software was installed, this would result in a black screen of death. A Blue Screen indicates a hardware problem in most cases.

You'll have to either replace the motherboard or have Nintendo repair it for you. Most likely you lost what ever data was on it. Most of the things you had on your SD card were encrypted to that specific console and Nintendo will only replace the motherboard or the entire unit in this case so you'll lose your save games. You can redownload your games through eShop, but you'll need to call Nintendo do an offline system transfer since the original console no longer works.

If you don't want to pay another console or the equivalent in shipping costs to Nintendo, your only bet is to go on ebay and find a replacement motherboard which will run you about $50-$60 (in US dollars).

Zanguetsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try to explain what happened before the brick, and what kind of stuff you did on your 3DS that could brick it.

Good luck

I was playing Zelda Majoras Mask then I decided to play another game, so I closed the sofware from the menu screen on my 3DS and then put a pokemon pearl on it, then it got his screen frezed. I tried to turn it of and on again but then the console went black, there was no light on it but the blue led that indicates that the console is on was turned on. I read that I had to leave the battery of the console to run out so I left it at home and wait for it to discharge. Then I pluged in the charger and turn it on and it had the blue screen with the bootrom and the errorcode :/

Zanguetsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That looks to be the same error code displayed during the process of using a NAND mod. Aka, it shows that error when the 3DS can't access the NAND chip. (Which for NAND mods, is an error we want to see. :P )

Looks to me like the NAND chip simply died. A NAND mod won't fix this either even if you had a backup. While I did say this error would be "good for NAND modders", that's only because the error has to be artificially triggered during the process of allowing the PC to access the NAND. Flashing to/from NAND requires that we trigger that error you see. But the error is only temperary in our instance as it will go away the moment we disconnect the NAND mod adapter from the PC.

In your case however this occurred without any hardware or even software mods. It is highly unlikely for a 3DS to brick in this manner through normal use of Nintendo sanctioned software. (aka, you were not using a flashcart or other "unauthorized" device to alter the device beyond it's designed purpose).

Usually if bad software was installed, this would result in a black screen of death. A Blue Screen indicates a hardware problem in most cases.

You'll have to either replace the motherboard or have Nintendo repair it for you. Most likely you lost what ever data was on it. Most of the things you had on your SD card were encrypted to that specific console and Nintendo will only replace the motherboard or the entire unit in this case so you'll lose your save games. You can redownload your games through eShop, but you'll need to call Nintendo do an offline system transfer since the original console no longer works.

If you don't want to pay another console or the equivalent in shipping costs to Nintendo, your only bet is to go on ebay and find a replacement motherboard which will run you about $50-$60 (in US dollars).

Thanks for the advice, now, is it hard to install in my console a new mother board? Did I will just lose saved games on my console or the progress of my games? Does eBay ships to Mexico? :bow:

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice, now, is it hard to install in my console a new mother board? Did I will just lose saved games on my console or the progress of my games? Does eBay ships to Mexico? :bow:

Where eBay ships to depends on the seller you buy from. But most will ship international so it shouldn't be an issue for you. As for replacing the motherboard. I would consider it moderately difficult. There's a lot of fiddling with ribbon cables and if you haven't had experience with something like this in the past, then I perhaps recommend you have someone else install it for you. ;)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
only if you had mainly eshop games would your saves be lost, for retail carts you should be fine and your saves will be ok once you have a new/fixed 3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-