DripZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Act

i've notice that i have 10 burned fuses (i don't know how that works) but i read that if you have 10 burned fuses y can only use fw 8.1.0 or above or something like that, maybe that the reason why the downgrade didn't work for me. Can some explain me a little bit how fuses or burned fuses work? I'll would really appreciate. And also if there anything I can do to make it work

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Act

i've notice that i have 10 burned fuses (i don't know how that works) but i read that if you have 10 burned fuses y can only use fw 8.1.0 or above or something like that, maybe that the reason why the downgrade didn't work for me. Can some explain me a little bit how fuses or burned fuses work? I'll would really appreciate. And also if there anything I can do to make it work
The fuses prevent you from downgrading. When you boot a certain firmware, it checks your fuse count. If you have less fuses burnt than you should (=you upgraded the firmware), it just burns the necessary fuses. If you have more fuses burnt than you should (=you downgraded), it refuses to boot. Since the fuses cannot be „unburnt“, this is a very effective anti-downgrade measure.
So apparently you booted at least once to original firmware 8.1.0. Or at least far enough to burn fuses, which happens very early in the boot process.
If you use Hekate or some other bootloader, it skips the fuse check however, so you can even boot a downgraded original firmware. Same for custom firmware of course.

More technical details here:
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses

Reactions: DripZ

DripZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
The fuses prevent you from downgrading. When you boot a certain firmware, it checks your fuse count. If you have less fuses burnt than you should (=you upgraded the firmware), it just burns the necessary fuses. If you have more fuses burnt than you should (=you downgraded), it refuses to boot. Since the fuses cannot be „unburnt“, this is a very effective anti-downgrade measure.
So apparently you booted at least once to original firmware 8.1.0. Or at least far enough to burn fuses, which happens very early in the boot process.
If you use Hekate or some other bootloader, it skips the fuse check however, so you can even boot a downgraded original firmware. Same for custom firmware of course.

More technical details here:
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses
So basically there is no way I can downgrade? Because I've followed the guide step by step with fw 6.1.0, 6.0.1, 5.0.1 and a couple more, and still cannot pass the boot logo. I mean what else could be causing this brick? Thanks a lot for your help

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So basically there is no way I can downgrade? Because I've followed the guide step by step with fw 6.1.0, 6.0.1, 5.0.1 and a couple more, and still cannot pass the boot logo. I mean what else could be causing this brick? Thanks a lot for your help

you can downgrade but you need to push hekate to boot the device. so boot into the lower fw and update it with choinx to 8.1.0 or higher

take out sd card
something broke in the hardware which you need to open it up to get an idea

do u have any soldier skills? or someone who can?

Last edited by pcwizard7,

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Do this for me:
After the console boots into the black screen, after the Switch logo... Press volume down/up. Anything appear?
Did you have custom themes?

After powering down, try to get to the Switch's recovery menu by pressing both volume up + down.

WHY IN HELL DID YOU DOWNGRADE?!

Last edited by eyeliner,

DripZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
you can downgrade but you need to push hekate to boot the device. so boot into the lower fw and update it with choinx to 8.1.0 or higher

take out sd card
something broke in the hardware which you need to open it up to get an idea

do u have any soldier skills? or someone who can?
Yeah I know some soldering, what should I do?
Do this for me:
After the console boots into the black screen, after the Switch logo... Press volume down/up. Anything appear?

After powering down, try to get to the Switch's recovery menu by pressing both volume up + down.

I thought there was some kind of corruption in the NAND and tried to fix it by installing the system again, I did't care if I lose my games or saves. I'll try that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do this for me:

I do not have any custom theme, cannot access to the recovery mode saddly

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well, i would open it up and take detail photos of all areas of the motherboard and post em here so ppl can see any issue that might be overous. i do remember a fault cause by hardware and boot screen hang

DripZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
well, i would open it up and take detail photos of all areas of the motherboard and post em here so ppl can see any issue that might be overous. i do remember a fault cause by hardware and boot screen hang
OK, thanks man

DripZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
what do you use to charge the device? third party charger? when u left it overnight did it fully drain? and only test with stock boot for now of course
I've charge it on the original dock only, no third party chargers. I left it on the nintendo logo overnight but plugged it in the dock, so the battery didn't drain out, If i try to boot OFW it just get a black screen

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are too sure that what in the black screen, if you tap power briefly and then volume up or down doesn't show anything?

DripZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Hi again, I've installed android on my switch to check if the hardware was working fine and everything was great until I boot it up and my bluetooth and wifi won't work, Maybe my switch won't boot the CFW or OFW because the bluetooth/Wi-fi module is damaged (I don't even know if it's a separate module or is integrated on the motherboard but you got me). Can someone tell me if that could be possible?

Here I attach a picture of the bluetooth crashing, can't turn wifi on either.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi again, I've installed android on my switch to check if the hardware was working fine and everything was great until I boot it up and my bluetooth and wifi won't work, Maybe my switch won't boot the CFW or OFW because the bluetooth/Wi-fi module is damaged (I don't even know if it's a separate module or is integrated on the motherboard but you got me). Can someone tell me if that could be possible?

Here I attach a picture of the bluetooth crashing, can't turn wifi on either.

the Bluetooth/wifi is a separate module on the top right area. theres no photo

DripZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
the Bluetooth/wifi is a separate module on the top right area. theres no photo
I've read that's actually the antenna, if it was the antenna my wifi/Bluetooth would still work but with poor signal, that's why I think it has to be the actual chip on the motherboard. That's what I guess, not sure at 100%

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I had a similar issue a while ago. This issue affects earlier model nsw. If you have a nand backup a full nand restore is recommended.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've read that's actually the antenna, if it was the antenna my wifi/Bluetooth would still work but with poor signal, that's why I think it has to be the actual chip on the motherboard. That's what I guess, not sure at 100%

if Bluetooth/wifi id faulty it won't boot. I found a replacement for the antenna here
https://www.replacebase.co.uk/for-nintendo-switch-replacement-wifi-and-bluetooth-antenna-set-oem

but why not try booting with the antenna disconnected?

EDIT. you could buy a broken switch and take the chips from there

Last edited by pcwizard7,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4