Homebrew Bricked 3DS

Sprate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whelp it's bricked, I'm an idiot and accidentally did the ctr transfer twice and now it won't boot, the blue light lights up for like 10 secs then it goes out, I didn't get a nand backup so it's ded unless the internet can save me, gm9 and luma both boot btw. also it's a regular 3ds xl

Last edited by Sprate,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whelp it's bricked, I'm an idiot and accidentally did the ctr transfer twice and now it won't boot, the blue light lights up for like 10 secs then it goes out, I didn't get a nand backup so it's ded unless the internet can save me, gm9 and luma both boot btw. also it's a regular 3ds xl
Then it's NTRBoot time

Reactions: zfreeman

lilyuwuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Didn't you say that Luma and gm9 both boot (as in they both work)? If so, boot9strap is still installed and ntrboot is unnecessary for any recovery attempts.

xScarYx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
any new on this? i dont have this problem yet. but im interested in the topic of how ppl handle this sort of problems

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any new on this? i dont have this problem yet. but im interested in the topic of how ppl handle this sort of problems
If B9S is installed, the user should be able to perform a CTRTransfer, making sure the files are correct and the SD is good, and that should fix the problem.

If B9S is no longer installed, the user should be able to use ntrboot to perform the aforementioned CTRTransfer.

Reactions: SuperDan

Sprate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If B9S is installed, the user should be able to perform a CTRTransfer, making sure the files are correct and the SD is good, and that should fix the problem.

If B9S is no longer installed, the user should be able to use ntrboot to perform the aforementioned CTRTransfer.
ok let me update the situation, whenever I ctr transfer to american the sysnand doesn't wanna work but if I transfer it back to jap it's all good, I'm just getting a cartridge to NTRboot at this point to maybe fix it when I try to make it american again

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok let me update the situation, whenever I ctr transfer to american the sysnand doesn't wanna work but if I transfer it back to jap it's all good, I'm just getting a cartridge to NTRboot at this point to maybe fix it when I try to make it american again
Are you following this guide to perform the CTRTransfer?
https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I don't care what you think is "common". I *have* been genuinly wronged.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @AncientBoi I'm going to outright block you now.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Pffffft sending me a PM stating we're all a bunch a mean azzholes :creep:. Same here DUDE :angry:
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    How SAD you are. So SAD you'll stay ☹️
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Leo, please seek professional mental health help. its not a knock on you. I suffer from mental illness too. You need some help, man.
    +2
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    ^ that's some honest internet advise
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    No...I need help to resolve this situation. MOTHERFUCKER
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    putting me into a shrink is not going to help anyone but *THEM*
    Poor Leo. Everyone out to harm you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes see? the fault is within you
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Same here, I struggle too. Its highly suggested to maybe take a break from the site just to calm down.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and ones like yuou
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so leave me alone and stop sending me pms
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you started
    Im pretty certain most people here, Leo, don't believe much of what you say about your situations, if anything at all.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you sent me pm and brought me up here
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    stupid motherfucker
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea...you don't want to hear the truth
    Yeah. After you litter the forum with your sob stories. Im calling you out.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    then mind your own business
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    otherwise fuck off
    Show us some proof. Lets see police reports, court documents, video and/or audio recordings, etc. etc.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Show us some proof. Lets see police reports, court documents, video and/or audio recordings...