Hacking Brick wii

Kazooie77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bricked wii from a friend and been sitting on it for months since I could not think of anyway to fix it. He did have a nand backup and lost the disk. I can get the system to boot to bootmii and that about it if I try the HB channel is goes back and nothing on screen. I can power it down and turn it back on and the bootmii screen comes up again. Now it the funny thing I did a nand back up to see what happends and it back up and then I try to restore the nand it said this nand not for this system?.... oh yeah no preloader!

Please any ideas welcome.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
download the latest hackmii installer. there is a bootmii (mini) compatible version. Run that and install the latest HBC. Then you should be able to launch HBC (hopefully) from bootmii. Try that and let us know what happens.

If you need more details then we can help.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do chapter 2 of my softmod guide linked below, it should set your wii straight. If that does not help, run a syscheck and post the report.

?Are your wiimotes synced and powering on the wii?

Kazooie77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I got it to boot with your files and I was trying to install iso to fix the system and the system locked up and I reset and now the wiimote does not work and msg on the bottom "restore perf iso 36" and now it won't do anything. I wish this os was easy to reinstall just like the PS3. So I guess unless their a repair disc I can use I think this thing gone...too bad I just can't copy my nand on to it.....unless I can?

Kazooie77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the help I was able to bring the wii back to 4.1u but when I turn on the system no video it does power on. I only get video when I use the files from your softmod using the sd card to boot mauifrog.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1- Do chapter 1 and 2 of my softmod guide again, use the boot2 bootmii option in chapter 1 "Other desperate options"

2-If that fails take the new backup you made in chapter 1 and format it with the nand.bin formater, then restore the new nand.bin

Kazooie77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tryed many times ...I can get into HBC but when I try boot mii it will not load. at this point I give up on this thing....I think it now going to be a paper weight or parts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes