Brawl WILL have Wifi, CONFIRMED!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gamesphere, Aug 10, 2007.

Aug 10, 2007
  1. Gamesphere
    OP

Member Gamesphere GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Recently on GoNintendo, There was report on a Japanese retailer site saying Brawl was being shipped Nov.22 in Japan WITH WIFI PLAY. May were skeptical but It is reported that another source, Coro-Coro Magazine,which is extremely trustworthy has confirmed this true.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! BRAWL HAS WIFI.8)

I will see you guys online with Pit,Wario, and maybe Giga Bowser [​IMG]

2. 1337Nemo

Member 1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
  3. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    By "Wi-Fi" I hope they don't mean a watered down experience only available on like 3 stages only

4. Pigwooly

Member Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    From the brief time I've played Strikers Charged, it looks like Wifi on that was pretty good (except for missing chat capabilities) so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true and if it turned out pretty good.

5. HeatMan Advance

Member HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It could be worse. They could mean that you get to post your top records on leader boards...

Heh, it'd be funny if it was to upload screenshots.

If it's WFC for fights then this will be the highest selling game of all time.

6. Gamesphere
    OP

Member Gamesphere GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I said GoNintendo.... didnt I? [​IMG]

Your Proof

It is also known Wifi Play is actual Fighting.

7. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Cool, but if it's same as mairo strikers wifi it's almost same as playing against cpu. So i hope that they'll even try to do something : D (but i think that it will be almost exactly same online experience) Still better than no online at all.

btw when i randomly looked form wikipedia some time ago. There was wifi also mentioned, but no one can trust wikipedia.

8. gov78

Member gov78 Ha made you Look

United Kingdom
    Well it was pretty obvious they was gunna put it in since they put it on a less popular game Mario Strikers well better get my gamecube pad ready

9. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    Or Scoreboards >.> Man, I HATE Scoreboards [​IMG]

10. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    By Wi-Fi, I'm thinking the watered down experience we received with Mario Kart DS where you can't chat with other players and they are selected randomly according to your rank.

Anyone envisioning a game browser or easy matching will be sorrily disappointed.

11. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    I'm a huge Nintendo fan. But Nintendo needs to stop being so freakin kid oriented and listen to the gamers. At least allow two modes of WiFi: one for kids, and the other for mature people. That way there can be some sort of choice of matches for us gamers.

12. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    "watered down"?
    You could play the game with random internet strangers. It was enough for a "first shot", IMHO.
    What would you want to see in online mario kart? clans? Jumping into a game mid-race?

Honestly, the only lacking thing was not being able to do battle mode online. The other non-racing modes suck ass so I won't miss them if they're not playable through the WFC.

13. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    Nopes, you don't need to defend Nintendo about anything. Wi-Fi on both DS and Wii sucks, period. No lobbies, no chatting with the other person etc. Do you know how much time we spent to play Mario Kart on Wi-Fi with 4 friends ? Nintendo's online initiatives suck and they're really not enough.

14. DrKupo

Banned DrKupo Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp

United States
    In comparison, Socom: FTB, Socom: FTB 2, and Syphon Filter, all online multiplayer games with lobbies, chatting, clan features, etc.

15. Kaphis

Member Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    you know guys...with the new keyboard drivers...maybe something will come.

16. HipN

Member HipN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Nintendo, should really ditch FC for this game. They should do what EA did with EA Nation, no FC, and use Lobby System.

17. ssj4android

Member ssj4android GBAtemp Regular

Smash Bros for the Wii was planned to have WiFi from the beginning, I believe.

18. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Planned is one thing, execution is another. I won't believe it has online play until I see it for myself.

I understand how people feel about Nintendo's online service, but I'm starting to get tired of people complaining so much about it... Its really not that bad when you think about it. The friend codes aren't that much of a hassle in my opinion. It only takes a couple of seconds to input one, don't be so lazy [​IMG]. Yeah, chatting is missing in the online play, but honestly, some games really don't need chatting... simply put, I just wanna come online and kick any random person's butt, end of story. My experience so far with Nintendo's online service has *usually* been lag free and as long as Brawl has a lag free 1 on 1 battle, I'm perfectly fine with just that [​IMG].

19. Seraph

Member Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You forgot to mention it's free too. The FC's are kinda annoying though. And I wish they add an improved rival/friend system where you can at least contact them. I don't remember lag as being much of a problem with Nintendo games unless it was because of your internet connection.

But I don't think this is confirmation. Is there anyone with the actual magazine? I'll probably only believe the info once it's on Sakurai's Smash blog or stated from Nintendo.

20. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada

That's what I was thinking...Coro Coro is reliable, and with the scans I seen so far (which include new screens!), I don't see the words WiFi, or the release date, which were both mentioned in this issue. I could be just blind and missed it though!

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, can't have too much expectations! Let's hope for a good Monday update.