Gamesphere

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Recently on GoNintendo, There was report on a Japanese retailer site saying Brawl was being shipped Nov.22 in Japan WITH WIFI PLAY. May were skeptical but It is reported that another source, Coro-Coro Magazine,which is extremely trustworthy has confirmed this true.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! BRAWL HAS WIFI.8)

I will see you guys online with Pit,Wario, and maybe Giga Bowser
nyanya.gif

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From the brief time I've played Strikers Charged, it looks like Wifi on that was pretty good (except for missing chat capabilities) so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true and if it turned out pretty good.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be worse. They could mean that you get to post your top records on leader boards...

Heh, it'd be funny if it was to upload screenshots.

If it's WFC for fights then this will be the highest selling game of all time.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Cool, but if it's same as mairo strikers wifi it's almost same as playing against cpu. So i hope that they'll even try to do something : D (but i think that it will be almost exactly same online experience) Still better than no online at all.

btw when i randomly looked form wikipedia some time ago. There was wifi also mentioned, but no one can trust wikipedia.

wikipedia said:
Mode(s)Â Single player, multiplayer, Nintendo Wi-Fi

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well it was pretty obvious they was gunna put it in since they put it on a less popular game Mario Strikers well better get my gamecube pad ready

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By Wi-Fi, I'm thinking the watered down experience we received with Mario Kart DS where you can't chat with other players and they are selected randomly according to your rank.

Anyone envisioning a game browser or easy matching will be sorrily disappointed.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a huge Nintendo fan. But Nintendo needs to stop being so freakin kid oriented and listen to the gamers. At least allow two modes of WiFi: one for kids, and the other for mature people. That way there can be some sort of choice of matches for us gamers.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
By Wi-Fi, I'm thinking the watered down experience we received with Mario Kart DS where you can't chat with other players and they are selected randomly according to your rank.

Anyone envisioning a game browser or easy matching will be sorrily disappointed.

"watered down"?
You could play the game with random internet strangers. It was enough for a "first shot", IMHO.
What would you want to see in online mario kart? clans? Jumping into a game mid-race?

Honestly, the only lacking thing was not being able to do battle mode online. The other non-racing modes suck ass so I won't miss them if they're not playable through the WFC.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nopes, you don't need to defend Nintendo about anything. Wi-Fi on both DS and Wii sucks, period. No lobbies, no chatting with the other person etc. Do you know how much time we spent to play Mario Kart on Wi-Fi with 4 friends ? Nintendo's online initiatives suck and they're really not enough.

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo, should really ditch FC for this game. They should do what EA did with EA Nation, no FC, and use Lobby System.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Planned is one thing, execution is another. I won't believe it has online play until I see it for myself.

I understand how people feel about Nintendo's online service, but I'm starting to get tired of people complaining so much about it... Its really not that bad when you think about it. The friend codes aren't that much of a hassle in my opinion. It only takes a couple of seconds to input one, don't be so lazy
sleep.gif
. Yeah, chatting is missing in the online play, but honestly, some games really don't need chatting... simply put, I just wanna come online and kick any random person's butt, end of story. My experience so far with Nintendo's online service has *usually* been lag free and as long as Brawl has a lag free 1 on 1 battle, I'm perfectly fine with just that
wink.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Planned is one thing, execution is another. I won't believe it has online play until I see it for myself.

I understand how people feel about Nintendo's online service, but I'm starting to get tired of people complaining so much about it... Its really not that bad when you think about it. The friend codes aren't that much of a hassle in my opinion. It only takes a couple of seconds to input one, don't be so lazy
sleep.gif
. Yeah, chatting is missing in the online play, but honestly, some games really don't need chatting... simply put, I just wanna come online and kick any random person's butt, end of story. My experience so far with Nintendo's online service has *usually* been lag free and as long as Brawl has a lag free 1 on 1 battle, I'm perfectly fine with just that
wink.gif
You forgot to mention it's free too. The FC's are kinda annoying though. And I wish they add an improved rival/friend system where you can at least contact them. I don't remember lag as being much of a problem with Nintendo games unless it was because of your internet connection.

But I don't think this is confirmation. Is there anyone with the actual magazine? I'll probably only believe the info once it's on Sakurai's Smash blog or stated from Nintendo.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
But I don't think this is confirmation. Is there anyone with the actual magazine? I'll probably only believe the info once it's on Sakurai's Smash blog or stated from Nintendo.

That's what I was thinking...Coro Coro is reliable, and with the scans I seen so far (which include new screens!), I don't see the words WiFi, or the release date, which were both mentioned in this issue. I could be just blind and missed it though!

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, can't have too much expectations! Let's hope for a good Monday update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay