Hacking Brawl loads, hits white screen, then green error screen

spetsacdc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I have a USA wii (I think D2B...it was easy to mod but I forgot the exact name). I burned the USA brawl on a singapore verbatim DL disk at 2.4x. I put it in the console and it showed up on the disc channel, and made me update. I updated. Then I tried to start the game. It shows like the opening safety screen, the loading screen, then goes to a white screen for 5 seconds (sounds like it is trying to read the disc). Then, flashes up a light green screen with dark green text saying "remove the disc, turn the wii off, and look up nintendo help" (or something like that).

Any ideas? I'm thinking of either opening the wii and cleaning the laser w/ a cue tip, or reburning. But, I don't want to do either until I ask opinions b/c I have limited discs, and opening the wii is a pain.

Do I need to insert that layer break code before I burn? I thought that was for pal, but I'm not sure.

Thanks
biggrin.gif

ilikecl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try layer break with imgburn @ 2084960...I had the same issue on 2 burns, but once I did the layer break, it's been working great.

Good Luck!

bmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could possibly that one bad disk. I had similar problem with fuji film disks twice. then used verbatim burned at 4x and worked great. I've had couple of taiyo in a lot of hundred that had a problem

spetsacdc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks, I'll burn my next one @ 4x with layer break. What exactly does layer break do? And I guess this isn't the error that happens when your wii's laser is dirty?

thanks

spetsacdc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I burnt the last disc from my dell laptop. I'll burn the next one from my desktop which I bought a 30$ dvd burner for that got good reviews on newegg.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who have brawl burns that won't play right, try doing a disc quality scan with nero cd-dvd speed or a similar program. Note that not all drives support pie/pif scanning and some drives require registry changes to work with cd-dvd speed.

tsstcorpcddvdwshs203bsbdx7.png

for example

spetsacdc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya I don't think my drive supports it because the start button is greyed out. Also, is it ok I set the book type to dvd-rom for this +r dl ?

Thanks

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvd-rom is fine

what burner do you have? are there any firmware updates? may have a better write strategy for those discs

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same thing happened to me, i noticed you didnt post your modchip + version, the chip needs to support dual layer disks if im not mistaken. case in point: I am still using wabmodcheap

AlexElder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Something similar is happening to me.

Here is what I have:
Wiikey on a 1st gen Wii NTSC-U
burning using Img burn 2.3.2
I used DVDinfo and tried settings with book types:
for DVD+R DL set at DVD+RDL and DVD-ROM both did not work.
My burner is LG GH20NS10
I used Philips DL DVD+R burned on 2.4 speed.

The game (burnt with DVD-ROM book type) went through the update process fine, however once it restarted it got to the opening screen where it has the panning shot of all the characters. It then freezes to a white screen and comes up with a message saying the wii cannot read the media or something along those lines.

The game burnt with the DVD+RDL booktype freezes at the loading screen I believe.

Could it be my media? I will be testing out on the weekend if Verbatims will work better but I'd still like to know if I am doing anything wrong in my process. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AhmedAtry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im suffering from the same problem aslo and i don't know what to do

I think its my wiis fault and that the laser lens is dirty or something.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

spetsacdc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I reburned it using my other computer with a 30$ lg drive. I used 4x, set the layer break, the only thing that might be wrong is this time the book type wouldn't change from dvd+r (different drive didn't work well with this particular option in imageburn). I still have the problem as before. I even put in one of those cd player lens cleaning discs and let it spin... still no luck.. I'm thinking of opening the wii and cleaning the lens with soap and water

Thanks

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys I have a good feeling that its not because of the laser. Now I could be wrong, but every video and some such that i've seen where it was showing the dirty laser problem is when you put in a retail copy, or equivalently a burnt copy if you have an UPDATED modchip, and it doesn't even load up the title image in the disc channel. If it boots, I think nit might just be the modchip isnt doing its job, so dont go cleaning your laser before you know you need to, that's delicate stuff!

What I'd like to know is what modchip every one of you is using when you say you get to this green screen to see if im right about this. Me, I'm using wabmodcheap, which i think screws me forever when it comes to dual layer discs.

spetsacdc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a pic I can reprogram. I forget what firmware version and type I have on it now, but I am reprogramming it with yaosm 2.0. I'll try others if that doesn't work.

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
might sound dumb but mine did this as well what I found is that if i leave the wavebird off untill the game loads (title screen) than turn it on it works for me...

Ive been using this for 8 tries in a row now...

sonny615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
what's a wavebird? :-)

I still can't find a solution. Tried every method... different medias (including Verbatim), different software (Nero and Imageburn) and different Iso patching (including with and without layer break). This is frustrating as hell.

v1n1c1uS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem.

If you have Wiifree (it's my case). It doesn't matter how do you burn. I think it's not able do load DL discs. So you have do unsolder your chip and have a pic programmer to update to yaosm, then solder again. If you have the easy connect, just get the chip and update via the pic programmer

Other way is get the DVD5 USA Version, that don't have the cutscenes, but works ok (I did this).

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sonny615 said:
what's a wavebird? :-)

I still can't find a solution. Tried every method... different medias (including Verbatim), different software (Nero and Imageburn) and different Iso patching (including with and without layer break). This is frustrating as hell.

the old Wireless controller from the Cube...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: