Brawl Disc read eroors and more.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TheEak, Mar 11, 2008.

Mar 11, 2008
  1. TheEak
    OP

Newcomer TheEak Member

United States
    Im using a wiikey and the latest firmware. I burned Brawl the other day and it burned fine. I used some HP DL dvds(all that was avalible) Recently ive been getting disc read errors on certain scenes and now when I play the SSE level when you first get Olimar, All I get is a black screen, with nothing happening. Is this the result of the crappy DVDs or my Wii?
    EDIT: I can't even finish classic mode either, I get an error on the final cutscene

2. ilikecl

Newcomer ilikecl Newbie

United States
    Try layer break @ 2084960 with imgburn.

Good luck!

3. mthegreatone

Newcomer mthegreatone Member

United States
    consider trying the DVD5 tutorial. you'll need to do a bit of scrubbing along with editing the ISO using trucha, but you won't have to deal with DL media. most people said they've had success with it...

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i did this when i first burned the game and i have errors

5. gjac1

Member gjac1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    The DRE are due to 2 things , your Wii's laser is not properly calibrated to read DL dvds and/or bad media....

Originally i dont think Nintendo planed on releasing any Wii games on DL disks becuase the majority of Wii's laser's are not set up to read them properly , thats why Nintendo are offering a free "cleaning" service , but really what they will be doing is tweaking your pot lasers to read DL media better