XP
Country
United States
Hello!

EDIT FIX!:
Ok, here is how we solved it.
We did not use hermes cIOS222.
We only followed this youtube guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgKYlmppxW4
Then, we dowloaded the Pre-made SD pack installer for "Homebrew Channel users (zip)" from http://www.smashmods.com/forum/page/bpdownload.html

Just run the .exe, choose your root directory on your SD-card on your computer, let it install.
After it has installed, you will notice a RSBE01.gct file in your "SDcard root\Codes". You will want to replace this with the RSBE01.gct(Non-homebrew) from the Manual SD Pack for all users, on THE SAME SITE i mentioned above (You will find this pack on the bottom of that page), this is to bypass the stage-selection freeze that occurs when you browse stage selection for ~4sec. I know it says "non-homebrew", but somehow this file fixes the issue.
You should now be able to play brawl+ from your Brawl NTSC-version on your HDD!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original problem

Me and two friends recently jailbroke our wii, getting homebrew channel and everything.
After much swearing, and frustration we finally managed to launch Brawl+.

We were so happy, giving high fives and cheering, then suddenly the unthinkable happened;
When we selected a stage a horrible loud sound pierced our ears. The wii froze up and we all died a little inside.

Now, the only information regarding a fix for this was about reseting something called "my music codes", which we simply did not understand how to do. We tried using BrawlMusicSwap to reset the music codes via the HBC-app called Cheatmanager, but then the brawl+ simply loaded up as regular brawl.

EDIT: Ok it now seems that we cant even launch brawl+ via hermes cios222...

By this point we are willing to try ANYTHING.
I should point out that we are launching brawl+ from an external HDD, using a modified version of cios222 called "Hermes cIOS222". The reason we did this was because we could not get the brawl+ to detect that we were using a HDD, so instead of it searching for a disc, which we simply did not have, and loading gecko, it located the NTSC-brawl on the hdd, and launched it from there.

HELP US. I BEG YOU /worship

EDIT2: Problem fixed, will update the post with a How-To later this evening or tomorrow.

pcct

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
are you using official code? the only time brawl+ has crashed me at the stage select screen is if I had messed around with either the stages or the icons for the stages. My suggestion is use the brawl+ updatifier, try again and see what happens. http://www.smashmods.com/forum/page/bpabout.html

Yes, but the problem when using that, which you just linked, is that it scans for a DVD, not a HDD. That's why we used Hermes cIOS222, which enabled us to select .

How do we launch the offical brawl+, when our NTSC-brawl is on an extended HDD?

img0323l.jpg

That is our option when using Hermes cIOS222, which simply doesn't exist when using the regular brawl+ updatifier...
How do we go from here? Are we the only ones trying to launch brawl+ from a hdd...?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
honestly i dont recommend launching from hdd. Ive struggles with it before and its always been easier just to launch from a disc. I never minded since I had the game already and my disc drive was usually empty since i launch my games from hdd. if you didnt mess with any code and used the proper ios suggestions i dont know what the problem could be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr