Hacking Bravely Default Gateway

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. yeah Cyan only has the EUR version, and that's the only .sav uploaded to FileTrip =\

Ah my apologies I have a save for the USA version just after the lake, talking to the king, and going to the inn, i'll upload it if you want to take a look, 37 villagers and most of the town unlocked at buildings at level 1 or 2 only

Reactions: gabemstr

gabemstr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah my apologies I have a save for the USA version just after the lake, talking to the king, and going to the inn, i'll upload it if you want to take a look, 37 villagers and most of the town unlocked at buildings at level 1 or 2 only

sure yes please :)

I might as well upload my save file too even though it has 0 villagers lol (in case people's save files get corrupted, weren't able to back it up, don't want to re-play up to the part I'm at, and aren't concerned about more villagers lol.)

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure yes please :)

I might as well upload my save file too even though it has 0 villagers lol (in case people's save files get corrupted, weren't able to back it up, don't want to re-play up to the part I'm at, and aren't concerned about more villagers lol.)

Alright, please check 3DS Game Saves just finished uploading it.

Reactions: gabemstr

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i decided to start Bravely Default but i have a couple of questions. From what i know gateway 1.2 and 2.x save files for bravely default aren't compatible so with the 2.0 at the horizon i want to use 2.0b1 and that where my problems start. I know the save trick for 2.0b1, start game press home+x if it doesnt freeze you can play and save safely but other than this are there any save/game issues with gateway 2.0b1? Or should i wait for gateway 2.0 to play this game? And i'll play EU version so is there a savegame for eu version with villagers early game?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
No , there aren't other issues afaik ( using 3.0 too) . Just check before starting to play doing home +x and if it works it will work until you turn off the 3ds. Also since I only power off my 3ds when I go to sleep , I started today backuping my saves right before turning it on again in the morning. Not a big hassle and will prevent any kind of error.

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
No , there aren't other issues afaik ( using 3.0 too) . Just check before starting to play doing home +x and if it works it will work until you turn off the 3ds. Also since I only power off my 3ds when I go to sleep , I started today backuping my saves right before turning it on again in the morning. Not a big hassle and will prevent any kind of error.

Thanks for the info. Just started the game and at the right time switched to the save with 131 villagers succesfully :lol: Still 2.0b1 is annoying :hateit:

Crimsonflare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone share a save with Nemesis? I have one with only Asmodeus... Really looking forward to fight the others... Don´t need Norende Villagers, just the Nemeses :)

xam5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im at the end of Ch. 2 and I only have 4 villagers, can someone inject more villagers into my save if I upload it?

Thanks

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see why not? if the save is compatible with someone's system they could do the street pass to add more villagers.

Well if someone has emunand of course they can , but sitll someone would have to do streetpassing with another save and I don't know if someone would do it

Presentum

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Crimsonflare could inject mine with villagers please? I'm at the beggining of chapter 2, and have home streepass but i'm not reciving any villigares ;-;

Pablo007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello Guys,sorry for asking, but I havent found a FAQ, which would tell me more about Streetpass. Soo I use Gateway 1.2 and I only have 1 Villager. What do I have to do, to get more via Streetpass?
Actually it(streetpass) is disabled, because of fear to brick. I dont have anything set up like EMUNAND or so.

What are the requirements for working streetpass in Bravely Default? Nothing more than enabeling streetpass and setting up relay? btw.. is there a savegame for gw 1.2 with many villagers? And how can I get these in my actuall savegame, without loosing it.

Surarrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Pablo streetpass will not brick your console, but for streetpass to work you need EmuNAND 6.2+ with Gateway 2.0b1 I think. And you cant get villagers from one save into another, but somone could take your save and inject them for you.

Now maybe someone has BD save file (EU version) with villigers which works with 3.3b? I tried one save with 131, but it does not show up for me with louncher 3.3b or 3.0. Tried both ways how to make save work which there described in save request thread did not help...

Gildoniel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello!

I've been trying to get BD communicating with Homepass for most of the time yesterday.
Homepass setup completed very successfully -> I have like 75 Streetpass hits and my FireEmblem has sucked up 45 new teams (seems like it works here).

BUT...

Bravely Default always tells me, there were no passes.
I'm running GW EMUNAND on the latest 7.x version.

I already deactivated BD from Data Management and reactivated it in the Game. It is sitting in Data Management as "streetpass enabled" game.
Sending a character of mine at least pretends to be working -> Profile is updated.

High percentage of the Streetpass Hits that I can find in the Mii Plaza play various versions of Bravely Default (and I guess that most are Streetpass activated).
I've read about the demo being able to have 20 villagers and that there is a possibility to transfer them somehow. <- Does anyone know how this works?

When I started the game the first time (and came across the pendant), I had the problem, that the game was nagging me about setting up my message in the friend list (which was a quest of its own to find/fix) - maybe this has also something to do with the problem.

I'd be happy for any hints and info, that would bring me a step furher here. Doing it with a single villager is no fun.

Thanks in advance!
Gildoniel

EDIT: I've managed to get another villager (will be more from now on I guess) so I'll share what I did:
1. Delete Bravely Default Streetpass data (deactivate) from Data Management
2. Download and install Bravely Default Demo
3. Set up Streetpass with BD Demo
4. Use Homepass to get hits -> got one hit from Japan (was added to visitors of the main game)

Aparently BD Demo and Regular game share the same Streetpass, so this seems to work.

EDIT 2: After the one visitor, again nothing. Guess there is still something wrong ...

EDIT 3: Got +10 Visitors and a Nemesis. Seems I need just be patient and let the system run closed over night.

EDIT 4: My Conclusion:
It looks to me as if the initial Streetpass Setup - with my GW EMUNAND Game was faulty and I DID get hits, that were not displayed there - still "consuming" the Streetpass hits and "blacklisting" their MACs for 8h. After Changing to BD Demo Streetpass I almost immediately got one Visitor and then again long time nothing (have been having hundreds of Streetpass hits within 8h though -> most likely blocking them all). After letting it rest over night, when I go up I got 10 in the queue and now I get visitors every few minutes -> so the new (Demo BD Streetpass) seems to work and all the MACs have been released. My village is full with Nemeses and I also got 150+ visitors.

Kishnabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you, so I don't need to go back to 1.2 yet.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought bravely default some days ago. for what I remember, there were some problems with it regarding save corruption. I have to ask:

is it safe to start playing it in classic mode on firmware 2.0b1? 'cause I have error 00000019 and I can't update the gateway, yet.
will there be any problem when updating the gateway to omega? also, do the old saves still work when using the .3dz dump? I don't remember if the ones that stop working are only the ones of nand-saving games or not.

p.s. it's not a big deal if they don't work when switching to the .3dz, since I can go online in classic mode, but I wanted to hold all games inside the gateway card...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE