Homebrew braindump prerelease - dump game contents on any system version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopKekMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If by eShop files, you mean the eShop application itself(the application installed on your 3DS that lets you browse the eShop), then yes. If you mean game and application files on the eShop (as in the online store that lets you download free/purchased applications and games), then no. Hopefully this makes sense. I'm tired lol
Thanks for the answer mate, and I meant the application itself, as it is pretty obvious that we cant get free games out of a modified Eshop
It was just plain curiosity btw :P

Reactions: XavyrrVaati

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer mate, and I meant the application itself, as it is pretty obvious that we cant get free games out of a modified Eshop
It was just plain curiosity btw :P

No problem, and I'm like 99% sure, I'm pretty sure I saw Smealum tweet a pic of someone hacking his name into the eShop :P

Liberamefrompancakes

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I made a smdh for this file, just to make it fit in with all of the other homebrew apps. Nothing much, just a logo and description.

Attachments

• braindump.zip
    603 bytes · Views: 208
Reactions: kiwiis

DarK_DragoN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know a way to dump the System Transfer code.bin? Braindump gives me an error while trying to dump exefs.

DarK_DragoN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the error?
I don't have the 3ds with me right now, but the error appears after dumping the code.bin (the first stage of the exefs dumping). In the end it says that the dump may be corrupted. I still get a exefs.bin, but after extracting the folder is empty.

neobrain

-
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have the 3ds with me right now, but the error appears after dumping the code.bin (the first stage of the exefs dumping). In the end it says that the dump may be corrupted. I still get a exefs.bin, but after extracting the folder is empty.

Just double-checked, there is already an issue report about this: https://github.com/neobrain/braindump/issues/2

Should be fixed once I get the official braindump release done, which might still be a few weeks off though.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Can this (or some other method) dump update data? I'm looking to build the Alpha Sapphire updates into the Star Sapphire romfs/code, if that's possible (I've seen mentions of it, but no actual method to do this).

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: ~Poke~

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly, it only mentions dumping the update on <= 9.2. Still, if I can find the update somewhere it looks like everything else is 10.1 compatible.
Really? wasnt there something about downloading the update data elsewhere (romfs, etc) and using hans to run the game with the updates?

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Really? wasnt there something about downloading the update data elsewhere (romfs, etc) and using hans to run the game with the updates?
Yep, there is. It's just that downloading the update somewhere is illegal/piracy/etc instead of dumping the update you already have, which is only doable on <=9.2 it sounds like?
But yeah everything else should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug